Facilities Management Lead – Interim Contract Management Specialist
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Management Lead - 1 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service is an agency of the MoJ and provides the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. It delivers services to the public directly in court and tribunal buildings, remotely via business centres and some limited services via the internet.
HMCTS has a once in a generation opportunity to transform the entire Courts and Tribunals Service through the HMCTS Reform Programme, enhancing the provision of a world-class justice system, in a manner that provides an improved user experience at reduced cost to the taxpayer. This will contribute to consolidating the UK’s position at the forefront of an increasingly competitive international legal market as well as ensuring access to justice for all.
The programme includes modernising the court estate, updating and replacing its technology, speeding up and streamlining working practices, refurbishing buildings to reduce maintenance costs and provide much improved services for service users, especially vulnerable witnesses and victims. Effective staff engagement at a time of such significant change will be critical to success; maintaining a positive and lasting connection between HMCTS management and its staff.
An effective courts and tribunals service is fundamental to our democracy, underpinning the rule of law. This is an opportunity to work in a role that will support and enable a major transformation programme, designed not just to give our courts and tribunals a sustainable and affordable future, but improve how we deliver justice.
Key Purpose of the Role
- This role is specific to the HMCTS properties including other Arm’s Length Bodies properties. The Facilities Management (FM) Lead is responsible for overseeing all property and FM related activities across HMCTS estate including property and FM operations, projects, initiatives and service providers through term contract arrangements.
- The role is responsible for managing HMCTS’s property and FM services of all of its service premises and buildings across all HMCTS properties, comprising c.370 sites.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the FM supplier contract at a detailed level including set-up the processes and embedding of commercial and contract management (CM) processes – such as reporting, meeting, key-performance indicator analysis, supplier management tasks, teams conforming to good CM techniques, holding the supplier to account, payment and deduction mechanisms, ensuring training and development of the teams in CM is successful, developing the incentive and innovation processes with the supplier, holding challenging conversations around supplier performance, and ensuring supporting teams in commercial and financial functions work with the FM function in an optimal ‘one team’ approach.
Role can be based in either London or UK Wide.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 8
- Catering 1
- Construction 55
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 8
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 108
- Estates, Property 44
- Facilities Management (main) 116
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 69
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 33
- Management 29
- M&E 70
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 52
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 3