Head of Future Services
*** Can be based nationally across any of the below locations with a mix of home and office working arrangements ***
Birmingham - B1 2JZ
Bristol - BS1 6DQ
Cardiff - CF10 1EP
Edinburgh - EH8 8BH
Glasgow - G2 8JX
Leeds - LS1 4AP
Liverpool - L2 0RD
Manchester - M60 9HL
Newcastle - NE98 1ZZ
Nottingham - NG2 1AB
Stratford - E20 1HZ
Worthing - BN12 4SE
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
Are you looking for an organisation that cares about the work-life balance of its workforce? An employer who offers structured personal development, progression opportunities and outstanding training? Well look no further!
Life moves fast at HMRC which is why we’re the largest Landlord in Government! We’re looking to recruit Property Specialists, Project Managers, Facilities Managers and Engineers along with candidates with expertise in a wide range of property related services that can work at pace in a fast paced and agile workplace.
• To provide the primary link to Commercial as the Intelligent Client function of HMRC Estates
• Understand and inform customer business strategies and objectives to deliver current and future service needs
• Design, develop and mobilise new services for the operation and management of the Estates and workplaces
• Oversee outsourced delivery development to ensure the supply chain delivers more value.
As a member of the SDUX Senior Leadership Team you will contribute to the corporate and collective leadership of E&LP and lead the team responsible for the physical design of Phase 1 Government Hubs workspaces as well as responding to design changes within our non-Regional Centre locations.:
As our Head of Future Services you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• To provide the primary interface between Estates and HMRC Commercial as intelligent client
• Establish and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, both HMRC (including CDIO, SIBP CFO and HR) internally across Estates and supply chain incorporating best practise and collaboration to
• Manage the contract activity pipeline working with colleagues in SOCC to align new services to our strategy and set standards.
• Work with Service Design to interpret findings to amend or procure new service requirements
• Work in collaboration with Commercial Directorate to design and develop routes to market, evaluation criteria, KPIs and cost models that deliver the desired relationship and outcomes.
• Ensure compliance with EU Law and commercial best practice, work with Policy and business colleagues to manage the development of the commodity purchasing policies and strategies to
optimise suppliers and services acquisition process and demand management.
• Horizon scan through maintaining knowledge and analysis of the FM Supply Market, resilience of key suppliers, new developments and innovation.
• Alongside Commercial, collaborate with Government Property Unit, CCS, and OGDs to develop cross government approach and benefits.
• Working with Workplace plan and manage on-boarding and mobilisation of Estates suppliers.
• Working with SOCC monitor the outsourced delivery suppliers to assure the strategic delivery of outcomes
• Working with Service design optimise and assure services, to deliver changes, improvement, and value for money.
• Manage and mitigate supply chain risk
• The establishment and maintenance of clear governance structure for supply chain engagement
• Adhere to and drive innovation and continuous improvement throughout the delivery of all activity.
• Encourage, manage & develop staff, promoting diversity and inclusion.
Previous knowledge, practical experience and proven track record of:
• Manages Complexity – ability to operate successfully and achieve excellent outcomes within challenging operational and project delivery environments.
• Resilient – experience of dealing with challenging situations in an ambiguous environment.
• Builds Relationships – experience of building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and working collaboratively with multiple teams to achieve the best outcomes for the customer. Willing
to try new and innovative ways of working to improve the customer experience.
• Experience - Project management, Procurement, Facilities Management and experience in an Estates background. Good verbal & written communication skills.
Already in in possession or willingness to work towards:
• Qualification in the Project Management Profession (Foundation)
• Qualification in the Commercial Profession (Foundation)
• IWFM Level 6 (Workplace Leadership)
While we work hard at HMRC we respect your work-life balance and offer flexible working conditions reflecting the best in the sector.
We offer you structured personal development, progression opportunities, and outstanding training.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Government Property Profession Skill 3 - Property and Data Analytics
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 16
- Building Design, Planning, Development 3
- Catering 8
- Construction 17
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 6
- Energy Management 1
- Engineering, Maintenance 174
- Estates, Property 53
- Events 6
- Facilities Management (main) 227
- Front of House 6
- Hard Services 131
- Health & Safety 7
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 58
- Management 10
- M&E 86
- Operations 19
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 21
- Sustainability 2
- ICT, Technical 7
- Training 1
- Workplace 13