Compliance Assistant / Paralegal
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Job Title: Compliance Assistant / Paralegal
Reports To: Leasehold Solicitor and Customer Service & Compliance Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
The Professional Services Department is an in-house legal and compliance department based within a large property group that is looking to grow their team. They deal with all aspects of risk, compliance and legal work relating to the property management (commercial and residential) divisions.
You will enjoy working as part of a team as this varied and busy role which involves coordinating the activities, spreadsheets and case notes for members of the department in addition to maintaining case files, as necessary.
In addition, the job holder will be responsible for all general administrative functions to ensure that the Department runs smoothly.
- Provide administrative support to the Leasehold Solicitor and all other members of the Professional Services team, as required. To include audio typing of letters, documents, Defences and other correspondence using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Draft own correspondence, as appropriate
- Assist with the investigation of cases, as required.
- Attend and take notes of meetings either internal and external, as required.
- Liaise by telephone with other offices and professional bodies on behalf of the Leasehold Solicitor, as required.
- Set up meetings (physical and virtual) as required.
- Assisting members of the Professional Services Department with any administrative or specialist aspects of their work as and when required.
- Gather data, prepare, and submit monthly reports to Group and Senior leadership team
- Undertake regular compliance reporting and internal audit functions
- Assist the Leasehold Solicitor as required for the proper running of the Department
- Responsible for organising all general office functions within the team which will include:
- answering the telephone and directing enquiries to the appropriate team member
- completing HR returns and forms, as appropriate
- liaising with IT and general contractors to resolve problems
- ordering stationery
- archiving files
- photocopying, filing and any other general administrative tasks, as required
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications: -
- A good knowledge of Word, Powerpoint and Excel and experience in using a Case Management System
- Be able to work on their own initiative and drive their own workload forward under minimal supervision
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines
- General Administrative Experience
- Audio typing experience
- Able to use Outlook and Microsoft packages to an advanced level.
- Have proven experience in providing comprehensive reports and feedback on their own work within an office environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 16
- Building Design, Planning, Development 3
- Catering 8
- Construction 17
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 6
- Energy Management 1
- Engineering, Maintenance 174
- Estates, Property 53
- Events 6
- Facilities Management (main) 227
- Front of House 6
- Hard Services 131
- Health & Safety 7
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 58
- Management 10
- M&E 86
- Operations 19
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 21
- Sustainability 2
- ICT, Technical 7
- Training 1
- Workplace 13