This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Management (main)
£50 - 55k
Looking for a new challenge as an Operations Manager?
We have a great opportunity with one of our biggest and longest standing clients, who are a renowned and strongly established FM company who are looking to have an Operations Manager join their workforce, covering a large prestigious government contract in the UK.
- Direct management responsibility of engineering services and line management responsibility for the engineering team
- Management of assets and maintenance plans
- Delivery of all Planned Statutory, Routine and Reactive Maintenance
- Delivery of remedial works
- Day-to-day liaison with clients and where appropriate, building occupants
- Management of sub-contractors and internal/central support functions
- Ensuring compliance to statutory, mandatory and contractual obligations
- Producing monthly compliance reports to management, central performance departments and client reports
- Establishment and compliance to Safe Systems of Work including any Authority and Permits to Work
- Provision of training and competence assessments for the engineering department including the appointment of Authorised and Responsible Persons in liaisons with the Technical Group and the designated Authorising Engineers
- Act as the AP/RP for related discipline dependant on qualification and experience
- Undertake internal audits and leadership tours which include review of compliance to SSOWs and Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare quotations and liaise with sub-contractors and clients to agree variable works pricing
- Management of energy and sustainability performance where related to Engineering Services e.g. BMS, lighting, heating and cooling, plant consumption.
- Management of the team communications including team reviews, 1-2-1 reviews, and attendance to operational meetings
- Leading engineering discussions in weekly client operational meeting
- Establishment, deployment and maintenance of core engineering processes, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and job role packs for engineering team members
- Any other task deemed a business requirement at the reasonable request of the account manager
Experience & Qualifications:
- HND in appropriate engineering discipline
- Likely to have a minimum 5 years' experience in similar role, leading and managing technical department.
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate engineering discipline, leading to Chartered status. (Desired)
- Qualified Electrical Engineer (Desired)
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Desired)
- Proven experience of working in the design construction and operation of engineering services in building or similar built environments.
- Advanced understanding and experience of risk assessment / management and safe systems of work.
- Have operational experience as an active Authorised Person in a technical discipline.
- Worked with confined spaces
- L1 fire alarm systems and sprinkler and oxygen depletion suppression systems
- Fire compartmentalisation and understanding of how fire Cause and Effects operate
- Detailed understanding of all technical contractual obligations and performance specifications.
- Incident Report writing/expert witness.
- Reputation and references (both personal and business).
If this role as a Operations Manager is of interest please apply or alternatively call the office on 0208 092 6500 and ask for Dom.
Any successful candidate referrals for this position could earn you £250 voucher from HVAC FM, so if you know candidate who is suitable for this position, get in touch today!
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 19
- Building Design, Planning, Development 4
- Catering 1
- Construction 23
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 219
- Estates, Property 20
- Facilities Management (main) 188
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 132
- Health & Safety 5
- HVAC 77
- Management 11
- M&E 117
- Operations 10
- Sales & Marketing 3
- Security 2
- Soft Services 18
- ICT, Technical 7
- Workplace 5