Security Services Contract Manager (North / South / London / Midlands & Wales)
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Security Services Contract Manager (North / South / London / Midlands & Wales) X4
Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service is an agency of the MoJ and provides the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. It delivers services to the public directly in court and tribunal buildings, remotely via business centres and some limited services via the internet.
HMCTS has a once in a generation opportunity to transform the entire Courts and Tribunals Service through the HMCTS Reform Programme, enhancing the provision of a world-class justice system, in a manner that provides an improved user experience at reduced cost to the taxpayer. This will contribute to consolidating the UK’s position at the forefront of an increasingly competitive international legal market as well as ensuring access to justice for all.
The programme includes modernising the court estate, updating and replacing its technology, speeding up and streamlining working practices, refurbishing buildings to reduce maintenance costs and provide much improved services for service users, especially vulnerable witnesses and victims. Effective staff engagement at a time of such significant change will be critical to success; maintaining a positive and lasting connection between HMCTS management and its staff.
An effective courts and tribunals service is fundamental to our democracy, underpinning the rule of law. This is an opportunity to work in a role that will support and enable a major transformation programme, designed not just to give our courts and tribunals a sustainable and affordable future, but improve how we deliver justice.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Working with the Head of Facilities Management, ensure effective performance management oversight of the security suppliers, delivering Court/Tribunal Security Officer services to over 370 sites. These will be divided into four divisions (North / South / London / Midlands & Wales) and the Security Services Manager will be responsible for managing the security contracts in one of the divisions.
- Support the Security Contract Lead in ensuring that the security suppliers fully understand and apply security contract requirements, including adhering to HMCTS Security and Safety Operating Procedure requirements.
- Seek robust assurance from the suppliers that effective Court/Tribunal Security Officer training and performance management/review processes are implemented, ensuring the security suppliers meet their Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide advice, including best practice and legal compliance, and support for Business, the Property Directorate, the FM Delivery Team, the Regional Security and Safety Champion(s) and the Regional Support Unit(s) and other HMCTS staff in their region(s) on security management.
- Provide operational support to the FM and Operational teams in ensuring best practice and legal compliance is implemented, delivered and maintained across HMCTS’ Estate.
Essential Skills & Experience
- You will be an experienced security contract manager, preferably with airport security experience and a MCIPS.
- Good working knowledge of the Security Industry Act, BS7499, BS7858 and search on entry procedures
- Good operational contract knowledge to facilitate and enable best practice and advice for wider FM team
- Able to work independently across multiple buildings and regions
- Ability to transfer legislative and best practice requirements into operational process and procedures
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 5
- Building Design, Planning, Development 3
- Catering 3
- Construction 25
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 5
- Energy Management 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 32
- Estates, Property 32
- Facilities Management (main) 68
- Hard Services 19
- Health & Safety 10
- HVAC 7
- Management 9
- M&E 22
- Operations 14
- Procurement 4
- Sales & Marketing 6
- Soft Services 31
- Sustainability 2
- ICT, Technical 1
- Workplace 8