Regional Facilities Managers
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Creative Education Trust is a non-profit educational charity recognised by the Department for Education as one of the leading national multi-academy trusts. We support a growing network of schools to achieve academic success for our students. At the forefront nationally of improvement in academic standards, curricular innovation and staff development, our educational vision harnesses creativity to knowledge and skills.
We are seeking to appoint two exceptional individuals to the newly created roles of Regional Facilities Manager. This role will enable the Trust to provide leadership across a group of local schools. The successful candidate will have a responsibility for the planning, implementation and delivery of all aspects relating to facilities, health and safety and premises and you will support the Trust in ensuring the best possible learning environment for our students at our schools.
This is an exciting role that would suit a pro-active and focused individual who can also influence stakeholders and deliver results. If you think that you've got what it takes to succeed in this role and make a real difference, then we'd love to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Produce and be accountable for the delivery of an annual facilities plans for the schools in the cluster including capital works, site improvement projects, response times against all reactive maintenance issues and grounds up-keep.
- Ensure necessary compliance schedules, Estates reports and project updates are provided frequently to Head of Estates and Principals.
- Ensure the schools within the cluster meets statutory obligations with regard to Health and Safety, ensuring all staff are suitably trained in Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Ensure proactive maintenance and development and efficient use of all school sites and buildings. Working with others to coordinate use of the facilities including lettings where appropriate.
- Provide regular information, updates and reports to the Head of Estates and Facilities.
- Ensure the cluster site staff are effectively managed, supported, and developed to maximise the contribution they make.
- Ensure effective risk management across the cluster of schools, for example, in health and safety and in the management of any third-party service contracts.
- Develop, test and manage each academy Business Continuity Plan.
- Undertake risk assessments of security risks to each academy (grounds, premises and contents).
- Ensure that site security is maintained at all times and that effective arrangements are in place to secure each site within the cluster.
- Monitor performance of service contractors and record performance against specified standards.
- Undertake budget monitoring and prepare costed plans for repairs/maintenance and building activities as required.
- Update Trust Asset Register as and when new assets are acquired or removed.
- Ensure that computerised records held on SmartLog (or other) of all regular checks, compliance testing, records of risk assessments and training are topical maintained.
- Working with contractors and technical teams to obtain competitive tenders and support the appointment of contractors to carry out project tasks, planned and reactive maintenance and site services.
- Ensure the efficient management of the heating systems in the cluster. This will include the operation of the boilers and associated plant and routine maintenance.
- Ensure the most efficient operation of lighting, plumbing and other services, and support the schools in finding other sources of energy, including renewables and sustainable sources.
- Responsible for practicing and encouraging good housekeeping with energy conservation and equipment and efficiency saving.
- Ensuring that school vehicles within the cluster are safe and checked on a regular basis.
To apply, please download our application form from creativeeducationtrust.org.uk and apply with your CV and covering letter via the link below.
Creative Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake relevant safeguarding checks.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 2
- Building Design, Planning, Development 10
- Construction 30
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 71
- Estates, Property 15
- Facilities Management (main) 101
- Front of House 2
- Hard Services 53
- Health & Safety 4
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 32
- Management 7
- M&E 50
- Operations 8
- Sales & Marketing 8
- Soft Services 40
- Sustainability 4
- ICT, Technical 8
- Workplace 5