This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
£22,000 - £24,000 + overtime
You have the opportunity to work for one of the leading facilities management companies in the World. They have over 90,000 employees serving clients in over 70 countries; they have a turnover of £3 billion+ with a portfolio numbering over 750 clients.
They specialise in providing mechanical and electrical building services, building fabrics repairs and soft services to multiple sectors inclusive of commercial offices, education, critical environments, retail sites, shopping centers, local authorities, distribution and logistics, manufactures.
The successful Handyman will be joining part of a larger team on one of our clients biggest contracts.
The role will be responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance tasks, fabric maintenance tasks, business support tasks and janitorial tasks. The Handyman will report to and support the supervising engineer and assist as required in the delivery of planned, reactive and ad hoc maintenance tasks.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week.
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
• Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
• First line response to reactive repairs
• Re lamping of defective luminaries
• Minor building fabric repairs
• Minor decorating tasks
• Minor plumbing repairs
• General janitorial duties as requested
• Supporting external landscaping
• Adhoc porterage duties (Moves & changes, furniture management & moves, etc)
• Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
• Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
• Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
• Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
• Experience of building maintenance, handyperson or janitorial duties
• Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
• Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
Personal Qualities & Behaviours
• A team player but able to work under own initiative and able to escalate matters out of own limitations
• Good communications skills
• A desire to develop and undertake training as and when required.
• Customer focused
• Presentable and approachable, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
If this job as a Handyman is of interest please apply or call the office and ask for Dom on 01745 772 218
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 8
- Catering 1
- Construction 55
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 8
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 108
- Estates, Property 44
- Facilities Management (main) 116
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 69
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 33
- Management 29
- M&E 70
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 52
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 3