This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Management (main)
A vacancy has arisen for a Contracts Manager to operate from our clients site based in Corby in maintaining and developing the services capability and co-ordinate the daily operations of associated works.
The site is a production site, however, our clients role at the site is Building Services and Facilities Maintenance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Health & Safety and Environmental compliance
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and carry out tool box talks
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure using this information
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. Labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Co-ordinate all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Take ownership of the client's needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate Integral QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend or manage emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-operate with Integral office support staff providing information as required.
- Carry out site visits and audits to ensure quality and completion of work is at the required standard
- Co-ordinate and manage all preferred subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Carry out timesheet approval for operatives when required.
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
- Undertake site surveys and prepare quotations/information for additional works/repairs.
- Attend annual performance reviews
- Maintain staff moral and motivation of all direct reports in support of the Operations Manager
- Identify and develop any specific training requirements for direct reports in area.
- Produce and submit weekly labour work allocation planner and review progress of completed works both PPM & Reactive works.
- Working knowledge of WiP and debt
- A minimum of City & Guilds qualifications within Building Services or equivalent
Desirable qualifications include:
- ACS/HNC - Mechanical / Electrical, 18th Edition IEE
- C & G Refrigerant Safe Handling
- C & G Electrical Inspection & testing
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Good knowledge of building services & building fabric
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Experience within similar role
- Good level of administration and organisational skills
- Practical experience within the building industry
- Health and Safety experience - IOSH Managing Safely
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
- Personal Aptitude & Skills:
- Overtime when required
- Driving licence
If this is of any interest please apply with your CV online or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 31
- Building Design, Planning, Development 9
- Catering 1
- Construction 19
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 5
- Energy Management 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 156
- Estates, Property 37
- Events 2
- Facilities Management (main) 251
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 142
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 2
- HVAC 78
- Management 7
- M&E 123
- Operations 28
- Sales & Marketing 4
- Security 3
- Soft Services 35
- Sustainability 5
- ICT, Technical 1
- Waste Management 1
- Workplace 20