Facilities and Workplace Coordinator
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Management (main)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities and Workplace Coordinator to join us on a permanent basis. Part of a team of three, the role has a primary focus on maintenance, first line response, emergency plans and responsibility for our environmental management system. This role also includes a mix of hands-on and administrative tasks as well as liaising with suppliers, subcontractors, internal clients and other Business Service colleagues.
- Manage hard services maintenance contracts. To include running review meetings.
- Lead on projects to meet our responsible business ambitions; ISO14001, ESOS, Carbon reduction etc.
- Attend seminars and meetings relating to the role.
- Act as the main point of contact for fire wardens and first aiders, update and maintain the emergency planning process.
- Liaise with Managing agent for building issues (security/maintenance/utilities).
- Manage storage, desking, booking process and other needs to support an agile environment.
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process.
- Contribute to the induction process for new joiners.
- Maintain the Facilities Dept. pages on the Firm's intranet.
- Obtaining quotes for items, services and projects and submitting for approval.
- Active role in annual shutdowns, and project works.
- Managing sub-contractors RAMS, permits to work etc.
- Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations and risk assessments.
- Excellent customer service skills with keen focus on generating and maintaining exceptional working relationships with internal clients.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload effectively.
- A very keen interest in environmental and sustainable service delivery.
- Strong communication skills, confidence in communicating effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to respond to emergency situations positively and proactively.
Technical Knowledge/Professional Qualifications
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification – required.
- FM qualification – ideally.
- Member of IWFM – ideally.
- Knowledge of H&S processes and procedures.
- Ability to use Health and Safety DSE assessment software.
- Good knowledge of Facilities/Workplace Management and customer service.
- Understanding of commercial practices and industry best practice.
- Strong IT skills across a broad range of software.
- Ability to use an access control system and a Building Management System
- Experience of working in a facilities role within an office/corporate environment.
- Managing teams of contractors, engineers and other external support.
- Managing contracts.
- Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 31
- Building Design, Planning, Development 9
- Catering 1
- Construction 19
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 5
- Energy Management 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 158
- Estates, Property 37
- Events 2
- Facilities Management (main) 251
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 142
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 2
- HVAC 78
- Management 7
- M&E 123
- Operations 28
- Sales & Marketing 4
- Security 3
- Soft Services 35
- Sustainability 5
- ICT, Technical 1
- Waste Management 1
- Workplace 20