This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Contracts, Projects, Bids
Building Design, Planning, Development
Do you have a background in Facilities Management, specifically within Facilities Services? Do you have experience and knowledge of PFI/PPP contracts, particularly within educational establishments? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Our client is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking to appoint a Facilities Manager to ensure the service delivery and small medium works across an educational contract.
The key responsibilities of a Facilities Manager include, but are not limited to:
- To share Management for the day-to day running of the estate
- To ensure that reactive times to mitigate potential unavailability/ performance deductions are met.
- Compilation of monthly reports.
- Manage the procedure for Risk Assessments / Method Statements.
- Direct line management of Operations Supervisors, site-based operatives, lifecycle and support staff.
- Actively seek additional income.
- Oversee small & medium works
- Represent the company at meetings with Client, Local Authorities, Building contractor.
- Ensure company compliance with statutory checks.
- Ongoing contribution/ ensure compliance with/ to Project Execution Plan.
- Ensure direct reports are compliant with company policies.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably be requested and are within their competence and experience.
- Responsibility for budgetary control and contract spend is within prescribed targets.
- Control of sub-contractors and regular performance meetings with same.
The key skills and qualities of a Facilities Manager are:
- Background in Facilities Management within Facilities Services environment.
- A background in construction is also desirable
- Experience and knowledge of PFI/PPP contracts particularly within educational establishments (advantageous)
- First class communication skills.
- Demonstrable success in a similar role.
- Commercial/ Financial awareness - ability to understand principals surrounding budgetary control, profit and loss etc.
- Understands Risk Management.
- Extensive man-management experience.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
or call Kieran at HVAC Recruitment
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 27
- Building Design, Planning, Development 4
- Catering 2
- Construction 28
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 4
- Energy Management 5
- Engineering, Maintenance 119
- Estates, Property 37
- Facilities Management (main) 190
- Hard Services 87
- Health & Safety 4
- HVAC 37
- Management 8
- M&E 63
- Operations 25
- Sales & Marketing 3
- Security 2
- Soft Services 24
- Sustainability 2
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 16