Facilities maintenance Engineer
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Management (main)
Facilities Maintenance Engineer
£16 per hour
Monday- Friday Normal Working hours
On Site Parking Provided
23 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
MUST have experience within Facilities Maintenance and commercial contracts!
- We have a fantastic opportunity available on a well-known Educational contract site in Glasgow - our client is looking for an Electrically biased Engineer to join an expanding team of engineers on this fantastic contract! The ideal candidate if successful will be providing electrical maintenance on our contract.
- We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to work on a static basis on a prestigious educational contract. Working on a stunning site built in 1451.
- We are looking for someone who is always committed to customer service and who can always be reliable and committed! If you have a calm manner and someone who can work under pressure with changing demands this job is perfect for you!
- As a company they can offer career progression, up-skilling courses as well as some of the best benefits in the industry.
- The ideal Engineer, motivating and empowering the workforce, enthusing people to be more pro-active, deal with people consistently and develop and maintain good working relationships.
- The successful candidate will also have a strong commercial background, ideally qualified to NVQ/City & Guilds level 3 in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent. They will be expected to integrate into a team of eight other engineers and have a flexible attitude towards work, as well as supporting the wider business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- To undertake the planned and reactive maintenance generated via the helpdesk
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the plant and assets.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept within the CAFM system
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum NVQ/City and Guilds level 3 qualification in relevant engineering maintenance
- 18th edition (essential)
- Previous maintenance experience in a commercial environment
- Be flexible towards work & carry out duties that may not be specific to your trade.
- Very well presented.
- Client facing experience.
- 3 years' experience in a similar role
- 23 Days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- On site parking
If you are interested in this role please apply or alternatively, please call the office on 02080926500 and ask for Toby
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 27
- Building Design, Planning, Development 4
- Catering 2
- Construction 28
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 4
- Energy Management 5
- Engineering, Maintenance 119
- Estates, Property 37
- Facilities Management (main) 190
- Hard Services 87
- Health & Safety 4
- HVAC 37
- Management 8
- M&E 63
- Operations 25
- Sales & Marketing 3
- Security 2
- Soft Services 24
- Sustainability 2
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 16