Facilities Manager - 18 Month FTC
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Management (main)
This is a Fixed Term Contract - With good potential to be extended
The Facilities Manager (FM) will have responsibility and accountability for the day to day operation of a portfolio of commercial properties. T he FM will manage all activities within their portfolio and will oversee all services within the property which can be directly delivered by the Operational team or via the National Maintenance Network and retained Service Partners so the FM will need to be well organised with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage competing demands
A pragmatic yet commercial approach to issue resolution is required to ensure excellent customer service levels are maintained at all times; the FM will be empowered to take immediate action if deficiencies are identified and will have the authority to instigate rectification procedures where appropriate.
- Manage a portfolio of properties within their area of responsibility in line with contractual obligations, SLAs and KPIs; responsibilities include, but are not limited to, completion of Risk Assessments, Health and Safety Inspections, Fire and Bomb Evacuations and Work Order Management.
- Undertake line management of a team of cleaning staff and Multi Skilled Operatives; this will include recruitment, induction, attendance, absence management and control of annual leave. Staff development will be undertaken in line with HR processes and procedures.
- Ensure defined Quality, Safety, Health and Environment responsibilities are established and regularly reviewed with all employees via site meetings, a Toolbox Talk program and e-learning.
- Establish, maintain and develop effective professional working relationships with clients, Integrator, staff and other key stakeholders.
- Support the Additional Works Team in the delivery of National Projects, non-technical project handovers and with sub-contractor liaison.
- Ensure that budgets are adhered to and all levels of expenditure are within the set portfolio targets.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all statutory requirements and corporate policies including, but not limited to, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and Employment Legislation.
- Any additional task which would be deemed reasonable in line with the working environment and contractual expectations.
- There may be occasions where you will be expected to attend sites out of normal working hours to either engage with staff or as part of an emergency recovery exercise.
- A regular onsite attendance to facilitate the activities outlined above is required and the expectation will be to visit sites regularly, at least once a month, with more frequent visits taking place if issues have been highlighted; on larger sites and Corporate hubs frequent visits and being visible to the client on site is of paramount importance.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of FM service delivery, across the entire Total Facilities Management spectrum, in a management position.
- Experience in budgeting and analysis is required.
- Experience in managing frontline staff such as cleaners and mailroom operatives.
- Good communicator demonstrating influencing skills and an ability to adapt approaches to differing audiences.
- Solutions oriented, providing explanations and proposed resolutions to problems rather than purely identifying problems.
- Continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities and learn from experience.
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and comfortable with numerical reasoning.
- Previous experience in an FM role, including experience of working with building services and cleaning and experience in provision of general office services.
- A strong ethos of collaborative working in a team environment.
- NEBOSH Cert
- IOSH managing Safely
- BICs level 1 / 2
If this is of any interest at all please apply with your CV online or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 28
- Building Design, Planning, Development 5
- Catering 2
- Construction 28
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 1
- Energy Management 5
- Engineering, Maintenance 135
- Estates, Property 44
- Facilities Management (main) 202
- Hard Services 100
- Health & Safety 3
- HVAC 44
- Management 7
- M&E 76
- Operations 24
- Sales & Marketing 4
- Security 2
- Soft Services 24
- Sustainability 2
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 14