Technical Supervisor/Design Engineer
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Management (main)
Engineering Supervisor/Design Engineer
Wallingford - OX10
£42,000-£45,000 per annum dependent on experience
37 hours per week!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Engineering Supervisor to work on a large Environmental Science site in Wallingford on a Monday to Friday basis. The successful candidate will be in charge of all aspects of compliance, auditing, building regulations and project management of the site, as well as sites in Lancaster, Bangor and Edinburgh.
This role is working client side for a great company that is backed by the UK government. As a company they can offer a fantastic package with salary, benefits, pension scheme and much more.
You will be responsible for a budget of £1m+ and managing a team of maintenance engineers and facility management professionals, you will take responsibility for contract negotiation and ongoing management of the organisation's properties, including the project management of refurbishments, refits etc. and all round estate management.
- £42,000 - £45,000 per annum
- 10% Employer Pension contribution & 5% employee contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Overtime Available
- Occupational sick pay
- Life cover provisions
- Eye care/discounts/cycle to work scheme
- 27 days of Annual Leave + 8 days Bank Holiday
Job specific responsibilities:
- Deliver value for money services.
- Control budgets and deliver the agreed services, to the defined service levels, on time.
- Establish and maintain external contacts with statutory authorities and other groups and associations applicable and beneficial to the services provided.
- Manage service providers and monitor performance against contracted SLAs and KPIs.
- Co-ordinate the production of performance reports carries out analysis of the results and takes appropriate action to ensure continuous improvement is achieved.
- Provide team update/training in relation to building services.
- Complete engineering site surveys & audit reports.
- Complete life cycle reports to an agreed format.
- Manage the agreed forecasts.
- Manage internal and external relationships including local authorities; service providers; and statutory bodies.
- Establish 'value for money' strategies for delivering the technical management service.
- Provide technical support; design & advice to the FM team.
- Review CIBSE/RICS/ICE/SFG20 and other statutory guidelines and contractor T&Cs.
- Review and manage engineering business risk.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in one of the following disciplines: - Building Services Engineering; Architectural Engineering; Mechanical/Electrical Engineering accredited by CIBSE; IMechE; ICE or other suitable professional body
- Consultancy experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Strong commercial acumen
If this role as a Engineering Supervisor/Design Engineer is of interest, please apply or alternatively call the office on 0208 092 6500 and ask for Josh.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 17
- Building Design, Planning, Development 4
- Catering 8
- Construction 29
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 7
- Energy Management 1
- Engineering, Maintenance 182
- Estates, Property 56
- Events 6
- Facilities Management (main) 218
- Front of House 6
- Hard Services 130
- Health & Safety 7
- HVAC 61
- Management 9
- M&E 86
- Operations 17
- Sales & Marketing 4
- Security 1
- Soft Services 20
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 6
- Training 1
- Workplace 12