HEAD OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SERVICES (JOINT VENTURE)
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Head of FM Services has overall responsibility for delivering a high level of service and standards across the operations of the Joint Ventures (Vertas Derbyshire Limited and Concertus Derbyshire Limited). The job holder will effectively and professionally manage the stakeholder relationship with Derbyshire County Council.
The job holder will support the Operations Director- CDL (East Midlands) and Associate Director – VDL with Client Account Management responsibilities for Derbyshire County Council in high level relationship management to support the Board requirements including support as an escalation for performance issues.
This role is across 200+ customers in 400 locations with 1000 colleagues across Derbyshire.
- Operated at Senior Manager level ideally within a Total Facilities Management sector or within Cleaning and Property Management industries.
- Confident with stakeholder and customer management.
- Management both local authority and private sector operations.
- Experience of working within a unionised environment would be advantageous.
- Delivering transition and change in an organisation.
- Proactively leading and supporting on the transitional plans for both JV’s to achieve efficient ways of working which deliver high standards
- Analyse the JV’s financial Profit and Loss accounts to ensure that the agreed financial targets are achieved and for both JV’s provide comprehensive financial forecasting to the Board
- Working with clients to ensure service delivery as per contractual agreements
- Agree renewal or amending contractual agreements, and planning future contractual changes.
- Involved in understanding the KPIs and the reporting of the KPIs including any Service Improvement Plans and will be responsible for reporting these to Board
- Attend monthly Client Account Management (CAM) meetings with the contractual client manager in Derbyshire County Council, also attend and contribute to regular quarterly meetings with key commissioning clients and stakeholders in Derbyshire County Council. Responsible for delivery of the JVs business plan both with current contracts, service density and new business opportunities
- Will help drive and source new business growth for the Joint Ventures (including providing connectivity between the ventures) and follow tender and new business sign off process Directly line manage the Lead Operator for Vertas Derbyshire Limited JV’s
- Provision of information to the Joint Ventures Board of Directors
- For Vertas Derbyshire JV’s lead a small management team, ensuring compliance with on-going training needs and appraisals.
- Accountable for adherence to company policies and processes across all locations and ensuring that all colleagues operate in a safe manner and healthy working environment.
- Responsible for future TUPE transfer of colleagues from new business and working with the Groups HR team to ensure process is followed and business risk mitigated.
- Strong strategic leadership ability
- Ability to analyse and interpret Profit and Loss accounts and ability to budget forecast
- Confident with multi-site management and relationship building
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Have a ‘People first’ focus
- Ability to work autonomously and time manage effectively
- Problem solving skills and understanding when to escalate, this is key given the distance from Vertas Head Office in Ipswich.
This job description is current. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Vertas Limited.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 16
- Building Design, Planning, Development 12
- Catering 1
- Construction 24
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 10
- Energy Management 7
- Engineering, Maintenance 208
- Estates, Property 58
- Facilities Management (main) 197
- Front of House 3
- Graduate, Apprenticeship & Intern 2
- Hard Services 126
- Health & Safety 10
- Human Resources 2
- HVAC 100
- Management 45
- M&E 109
- Operations 39
- Procurement 1
- Sales & Marketing 14
- Security 4
- Soft Services 15
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 6
- Training 1
- Waste Management 5
- Workplace 17