Site Facilities Manager
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Management (main)
- Site Facilities Manager
- Clacton on Sea
- £21,000 - £22,000 p/a
- 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Our client is looking for a Site Facilities Manager to work at a High School in Clacton area. You will manage the caretaking team and all sub-contractors on site and the role is responsible in making sure the internal and external school facilities are functioning and in good condition as well as being health and safety compliant.
The Site FM would not be expected to be on the tools, however, if there are staff shortages, they would be expected to support the team, so some maintenance and practical skills would be needed.
Duties of the role include:
- Oversee all caretaking and litter picking activities and ensure that the caretakers job description is fulfilled.
- Programme arrange and delegate PPM duties within the remit of the caretaking team. Monitor satisfactory completion and report back.
- Monitor stock and equipment levels, and order when more required.
- Ensure that reactive requests are carried out by the caretaking team within SLA's and to a good
- Ensure callout procedures are in place and compiled with.
- Oversee H&S compliance of activities undertaken by caretaking team.
- Compile holiday works programs for school shut down periods for site teams to work to.
- Deal with complaints regarding individual's performance or the standard of completed jobs
- in line with HR policies.
- Monitor and document timekeeping, sick leave and other absences using an online staff
- management system.
- Monitor Cleaning, Catering & Ground Sub-Contractors whilst on site.
- Arrange for external service providers to be signed in, escorted and supervised by the caretaking team.
- Liaising the onsite customer to make sure they are happy with the work conducted and attending meetings as required.
The ideal candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Willing to undergo and pass an Enhanced DBS Check
- Previous experience of within FM of managing a team- ideally within a school but this is not essential
- Good IT skills as this is largely a desk-based role
- Some hand on practical skills so you can assist the team should the situation require it.
- Proactive approach.
- Continual improvements ethos.
- Good customer service skills.
- Amenable and approachable personality.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 13
- Building Design, Planning, Development 9
- Construction 15
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 10
- Energy Management 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 181
- Estates, Property 31
- Facilities Management (main) 175
- Hard Services 131
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 83
- Management 30
- M&E 102
- Operations 28
- Sales & Marketing 1
- Security 1
- Soft Services 27
- ICT, Technical 12
- Workplace 9