Assistant Facilities Manager
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
THIS IS A LONG TERM TEMPORARY POSITION WHICH COULD GO PERMANENT FOR THE RIGHT PERSON
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for the successful delivery of the FM provision at the customer's site. The successful candidate is expected be the face of the customer organisation, acting in a dynamic and energetic manner to ensure customer's expectations are met and exceeded. They will be the point of contact for all customer queries related to the operation and management of the space from enquiry through to closure. Key attributes will be the ability to exceed customer expectations in terms of Service Delivery, Quality, and Health & Safety. Developing and maintaining a professional working relationship with all staff on site will be an important aspect of the role ensuring the services delivered meet not only statutory standards but those of the company and its blue chip customer.
- Establish effective day-to-day business relationships with the customer and be responsive to their needs
- Be responsible for all sub-contracted services and ensure all services provided are resourced and maintained to a high standard and within the customer's guidelines
- Monitor services and suppliers and ensure that the required standards are maintained ensuring SLA's & KPI's are achieved. Consider reasonable zero cost changes to improve delivery and spend.
- Manage and control activities of the Service Providers to ensure they perform to the agreed service level, meet the customer's needs and operate within the Quality system.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation including preparation of regular H&S office reviews and follow up implementation of agreed action arising
- Support colleagues in on-boarding services and outsourcing proposals
- Ensure the site remains compliant with current Health & Safety legislation at all times
- Maintain knowledge on modern FM "best practice" and building legislation, making recommendations to the management team and customer where appropriate
- Inspect the site on a planned and ad-hoc basis to ensure the customer's needs are being met, and to appraise the performance of the team
- Support the Area General Manager and monitor the financial performance of the account by preparing budgets, monitoring expenditure, submitting accurate monthly business forecasts and providing relevant P&L data
- Ensure that all staff directly or indirectly employed on the contract carry out their duties in a way that causes minimum disruption to the staff of the customer and their customers, respecting and enhancing the reputation of the customer within the local or wider community
- Work with customer FM & Procurement to identify service improvements and identify savings
- Complete reporting on a regular basis
- Organise reactive and fabric maintenance in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Oversight and supporting in relation to minor Projects and moves/relocation's etc
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Reporting to an Area General Manager and the designated client representative
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the site and indirectly for relevant sub-contractors
- Qualified Level 3/Apprencticed Served Electrician / Mechanical Engineer or similar qualifications (ESSENTIAL)
- Training Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development.
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification, such as IOSH Managing Safely
- Contract Management skills and experience of managing a selection of soft and hard services
- The development and review of teams, appraisal, and the application of effective people management practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Numerate and computer literate
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity
- Has vision, and able to communicate this effectively. A role model for customer service excellence
- Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments
If this role would be of any interest at all please apply with your CV online or call Jamie on 01218091999
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 15
- Building Design, Planning, Development 5
- Catering 1
- Construction 14
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 10
- Energy Management 5
- Engineering, Maintenance 148
- Estates, Property 28
- Facilities Management (main) 157
- Front of House 2
- Hard Services 116
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 69
- Management 25
- M&E 89
- Operations 29
- Soft Services 23
- ICT, Technical 11
- Waste Management 3
- Workplace 10