Property Administrator / Assistant Property Manager
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Property Administrator / Assistant Block Property Manager
£20,000-£23,000 + 23 days annual leave
My client is an established and reputable Managing Agent that manages residential blocks and estates out of their regional offices on behalf of Freeholders, Developers and RMC's. They have requested that I source an ambitious or experienced property professional to come in and support a couple of Property Managers manage a portfolio of residential blocks and estates out of their Surrey regional office. Depending on your aspirations they will consider Administrators who are happy to stay in a support role or aspiring Property Managers that want to progess. They will offer the successful applicant training, development through professional qualifications and progression.
I have listed the duties of the Property Managers you will be supporting so you will get involved in the majority of the below.
Key duties and responsibilities
* Meet and interact with residents in a customer friendly and professional manner.
* Ensure reasonable resident issues and service requests are addressed promptly.
* Reporting to Senior Management and the Client on the facilities and block management aspect of the portfolio as and when required.
* Manage annual service charge budgets and oversee ground rent and service charges including interim and final invoicing and collection.
* To identify incidents and maintenance issues and direct action where appropriate.
* To ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to and all risks to visitors, staff and residents are removed or reported.
* To carry out block/works and inspections
* Organising and supervising repair, maintenance and, if required, improvement works under existing contracts or arrangements.
* Appointing and managing caretakers and contractors as required to provide or perform services on behalf of the freeholder and/or tenants.
* Monitoring the performance of caretakers and contractors generally to assure value for money and quality of service.
* Ensuring that the service complies with all statutory and regulation provisions and requirements including Health & Safety.
* Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with third party suppliers (such as contractors and agents)
* Attending meetings as may be required from time to time in fulfilment of the service obligations, including Residents Management Meetings out of hours as may be required from time to time.
* Approve for payment invoices and ensure that no financial liabilities are committed without adequate funding available.
* Reading all leases and other documents to understand fully the covenants and obligations required to be performed on behalf of clients, including the management of breaches of covenant.
* Complying with Statutory provisions in relation to any proposed works or expenditure
* Attending Court and such Tribunals as may from time to time be required to give evidence in support of the client's position.
* Managing enquiries from lessees and their Solicitors
* Managing insurance claims via brokers and/or loss adjusters
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 16
- Building Design, Planning, Development 5
- Catering 4
- Construction 63
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 5
- Energy Management 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 129
- Estates, Property 16
- Facilities Management (main) 125
- Front of House 2
- Hard Services 82
- Health & Safety 3
- HVAC 63
- Management 6
- M&E 82
- Operations 17
- Procurement 1
- Sales & Marketing 12
- Security 1
- Soft Services 35
- Sustainability 3
- ICT, Technical 1
- Training 1
- Workplace 5