This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
- M+E Supervisor
- £35,000 - £40,000
We are currently recruiting for an M+E Supervisor to be based at a large site in Brandon. The role is to be responsible for all planned and reactive maintenance across a large portfolio of well-maintained domestic housing, largely 3-bedroom family homes.
Managing a team of 13 engineers (consisting of plumbers, heating engineers and electrical engineers) you will be responsible for all maintenance works as well as refurbishment and breakdown work across the homes. As well as staff management you will get involved with auditing, pricing and subcontractor management.
Duties of the role include:
- Working with the military family housing manager to ensure all works are completed across the portfolio and to a high standard
- Delivering all planned maintenance work
- Respond positively to reactive requests as required, ensuring workloads are managed alongside the planned maintenance regime.
- Manage a team of engineers giving both operational and training support
- Implement training requirements to keep a high level of technical competency within the team. Complete appraisals ensuring personal development for each individual staff member
- Complete return to work m meetings and disciplinary investigations as required. Managing sickness and absence.
- Delivering Staff briefings and toolbox talks.
- Keeping on top of new industry developments and being an advocate for strong levels of compliance and health and safety.
- Conducting work audits to ensure high levels of work and compliance
- Pricing for small works and creating quotations
- Liaising with subcontractors on specialist works, liaising with the subcontractor management and the security manage to arrange access and schedule in works.
The role comes with a company car as well as holidays, pension scheme and a host of other benefits provided by the market leading employer.
The ideal applicant will come from a hands on background themselves and have experience managing a team. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified in a mechanical or electrical discipline
- FM experience
- Team management experience
- Willing to act as responsible person (RP) for compliance purposes
- Good organisation skills
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 2
- Building Design, Planning, Development 10
- Construction 27
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 68
- Estates, Property 15
- Facilities Management (main) 97
- Front of House 2
- Hard Services 51
- Health & Safety 5
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 29
- Management 6
- M&E 47
- Operations 7
- Sales & Marketing 8
- Soft Services 39
- Sustainability 4
- ICT, Technical 7
- Workplace 7