Legal Manager - Contracts and Compliance
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
The Role: Legal – Contracts and Compliance Manager
Sector: Legal – Property
Salary: Up to £75,000pa
Are you a UK Qualified Solicitor with exposure to the US legal System?
I am working with a unique, global property client who are looking to appoint an experienced, dynamic and fully qualified in-house Legal Manager to lead on all Contracting and Compliance matters. Ideally the incoming candidate will have 6+ years’ experience in a similar in-house role and it would be a huge advantage if you have had exposure to the US legal system too.
Delivering outstanding, 5star accommodation globally, through a network of unique, high value properties. The company are very well financed and backed by a large well known group but remain an independent entity under a separate brand.
- Act as a trusted advisor for our internal business teams on legal, contract and compliance responsibilities - you will be the first contact point for the business on these questions
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and work closely with our business teams to ensure that the commercial agreements you will be reviewing and drafting are fit for purpose
- Drive the contract lifecycle from drafting through to contract execution and document management appropriately upskilling your key contacts in the business to be part of the process
- Translate complex commercial/legal scenarios into simple language and action/risk plans
- Establish and manage an efficient and effective network of legal experts in main operational markets - UK, France, Italy, North America and Australia
- Implement and improve on automation of legal operations tasks
- Manage ad-hoc legal project work
- Develop and manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business and play a lead role in embedding a good compliance culture
- Oversee corporate compliance requirements including Tax and Company Secretary duties
- Lead on and monitor the policies and procedures for all things data protection including: GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
- Oversee IP/trademarks, ensuring constant protection of the brand
All About You:
The Legal and Compliance department sits at the core of the business. The team provides front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on success every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter) is unique for an in-house role. You will work closely with the Chief People and Legal Officer to deliver the team’s goals. You will act as a liaison between the Legal and Compliance team and key business contacts within our group, as well as contacts at our parent company. You will also coordinate the work of external experts and suppliers.
As the Legal, Compliance & Contracts Manager you will be tasked to ensure the smooth processing of the global legal, compliance and statutory work.
To excel in this role you will be comfortable working in a complex and dynamic environment. You will be dealing with lots of different people, systems, processes and information so you’ll have to be versatile, flexible, highly organised, personable and engaging. Your goal will be to build relationships with senior stakeholders and it’s essential you have the communication skills that enable you to articulate your position clearly and persuasively.
If this sounds like the next juicy challenge in your legal career and you feel you fulfil the criteria, please send me your CV ASAP – email@example.com
You can view all our vacancies here – www.corecruitment.com
You must be eligible to live and work without restriction in the UK.
Due to a high volume of applications, we are not always able to provide feedback. If you do not hear from us in 2 weeks please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 8
- Catering 1
- Construction 55
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 8
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 110
- Estates, Property 44
- Facilities Management (main) 118
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 69
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 4
- HVAC 32
- Management 30
- M&E 68
- Operations 22
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 45
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 2