Maintenance Helpdesk Manager
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
The Role: Maintenance Helpdesk Manager
Sector: Hospitality Property
Salary: £35K - £40K (DOE) + Bonus + Benefits
My client is a wonderful Pub group and we are currently looking for a Maintenance Helpdesk Manager to look after the whole team on the Maintenance Helpdesk. The group have in excess of 800 properties across the estate, some of which are well known brands while others have a more independent feel.
This role requires an experienced Helpdesk Manager coming from a hospitality background. You will need to have held a very similar role previously and have the proven ability to manage and develop your team. With excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise critical works without compromising on scheduled projects, you will also need to have a very customer centric approach and be happy in a very busy, fast-moving environment.
This role is vital in ensuring that all proactive and reactive maintenance issues are either planned in appropriately, or responded to accordingly, to ensure all Pubs are trading safely and legally.
This role is based in the Pub Support Team Offices in Luton and reports directly into the Property Director.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensuring all of our sites are open and trading legally with minimum downtime for maintenance issues, by line management of the Maintenance Helpdesk, external consultants, and contractor base.
- Management of helpdesk – 6 persons currently
- Escalation of business critical issues
- Management of contractor base and quality/cost control
You will need to have significant people and team management experience to be successful in this role, ideally from managing a similar in-house Maintenance Helpdesk in a commercial hospitality environment. You will be also be responsible for the management of the department’s relationship with external contractors and internal stakeholder.
Principle duties of the role
- Manage all business critical issues through to resolution by way of team and escalation and use of external consultants.
- Manage the planned maintenance process to ensure we are trading safe and legally.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to Property Director and finance team.
- Management/support and progression of helpdesk team and relationship building with other Property teams.
- Working with Operators to educate and ensure best practice with maintenance process
- Management of maintenance budget to ensure we hit budget, achieve value for money, with management of minor capex projects during the year.
- Management of contractor base in terms of hiring, removal by quality control, quality reviews and rate negotiations
Personal Attributes for the Role
- Positive Attitude
- Experience of managing people
- Team player
- Customer Focused
- Good Communicator
If you are ready to join a great company at management level and believe you have what it takes to motivate and lead a very busy department, please send me your CV today.
You can view all our vacancies at www.corecruitment.com
Due to the large number of applicant we receive we cannot always provide individual feedback. If you don’t hear from us in 2 weeks, please assume you have not been successful this time.
You must be able to live and work without restriction in the UK.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 10
- Building Design, Planning, Development 3
- Construction 31
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 65
- Estates, Property 13
- Facilities Management (main) 35
- Front of House 2
- Hard Services 3
- Health & Safety 9
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 14
- Management 8
- M&E 11
- Operations 4
- Sales & Marketing 4
- Soft Services 5
- ICT, Technical 2
- Workplace 12