Technical Support Manager
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Technical Services Manager
You will be working for one of the UK's largest and well known facilities management companies who turnover £3.5 billion in the UK and £16 billion worldwide. They are responsible for a number of large government contracts / buildings within the UK. They employ engineers, help-desk and back house support of facilities maintenance among many other positions. They have over 20,000 UK based staff on over 26000 UK sites and are now looking to recruit a Technical Services Manager to join the team working on multiple sites.
As a Technical Services Manager you will be responsible for the technical performance and maintenance of standards on the contract. You will provide guidance to others on each site, showing technical expertise in the Mechanical and Electrical systems, to ensure appropriate and compliant solutions and efficient customer service delivery.
- Management of a mechanical bias workforce and also assist in the management of other disciplines as necessary.
- To work with the relevant operational leads to ensure the service delivery across the full range of services is continually improving.
- Assist the Technical Services Supervisor in the management of the operational staff.
- To contribute to the financial performance of the contract particularly around operational efficiency and subcontract procurement.
- To ensure compliance with company procedures for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitor and review of the services by analysis of the relevant data.
- Update record drawings and Operations and Maintenance manuals.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up to date knowledge at all times.
- Understand and meet on going customer requirements, develop effective working relationships with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Clear and effective communicator with professional personal presentation.
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Expected to work such hours as are necessary to fulfil the role.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
Qualifications or Required Experience for Technical Services Manager role:
- Degree or equivalent experience in appropriate field (Mechanical or Electrical Systems)
- Experience particularly in the healthcare environment
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office software
- Experience of healthcare project management.
- Understanding of HR related items.
- Experience of managing contractors within healthcare environments.
- Sound awareness of risk assessment and working safely.
- Experience with Building Services and experience in Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Strong customer focus with experience of delivering high standards of Customer Service, previous FM experience within a hospital and/or PFI environment would be an advantage.
- Full driving licence required.
- Full time role
- Salary - £40-45K
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company benefits package
If you are interested in the Technical Services Manager role please apply with your CV or call Dom on 01745 772218
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 8
- Catering 1
- Construction 55
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 8
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 108
- Estates, Property 44
- Facilities Management (main) 116
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 69
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 33
- Management 29
- M&E 70
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 52
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 3