Global Head of Estates
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Based in our London Office, this position will be to manage Facilities and Real Estate (F&RE) globally. Sitting within the global Operations function, and working closely with senior stakeholders across the organisation, the F&RE Manager will take a leading role in setting our global real estate strategy, and will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery, tracking, and operations of our global corporate facilities.
This is with a high-growth organisation that is driven by attracting and engaging top talent globally. As such, ensuring that our physical office space and associated Facilities processes are world-class is central to our success. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about creating attractive workspaces that energise our global team and engender a collaborative, dynamic, engaging organisational culture.
Workspace aside, this role also represents a good fit for someone looking to leverage their commercial acumen and negotiation skills to make a meaningful impact on the bottom line of a global business. The operating and capital expenditure associated with our F&RE footprint across 9 locations accounts for a significant proportion of our cost base. Ensuring that our facilities are as economical and efficient as they are attractive is a key facet of this role.
This generalist F&RE remit is best suited for someone looking to take on an exciting challenge, and bring impressive experience and energy to bear on a high-growth organisation with a global footprint.
- Real Estate Strategy and Planning:
- Monitor headcount growth projections vs physical space by office. Propose detailed plans and associated cost models that consider densification, expansion, extension and relocation options, as well as comparisons between traditional leasing and serviced office alternatives. Propose, maintain, and report on budgets for operating and capital expenditure.
- Lease Negotiations:
- Manage broker partners (if used) to build pipeline of options, having worked with key stakeholders to develop briefs. Select shortlist of options, propose and execute negotiation strategy. Review and negotiate lease agreements. Ensure landlords, and 3rd parties operate within the parameters of negotiated leases.
- Project Management:
- Manage construction build outs, densifications, refurbishments, and reinstatements. Design briefs, interview, negotiate rates, and appoint 3rd party professional teams (e.g. design & build organisations / general contractors / external RE counsel / cost consultants / architects). Manage external and internal teams to deliver projects within time and budget.
- F&RE KPI Ownership:
- Set, track, report, and propose strategies based on a set of relevant metrics that ensure the portfolio is economically efficient and meets high user experience standards.
- Facilities Management:
- Ensure smooth running of all aspects of our global facilities and facilities services, including: maintenance / insurance / security / cleaning / rates appeal / H&S / fire safety / business continuity / waste. Work with local operations teams to keep pulse of workspace requirements of local business units, collate and analyse inputs, and plan and implement re-stacking as necessary.
- People / Vendor Management:
- Manage a diverse team of internal and external stakeholders, both directly and indirectly, to achieve goals.
- In addition to leveraging 3rd party vendors and consultants, this role will primarily scale through indirect management of global Operations team members, partnership with local stakeholders (especially in smaller offices where Operations FTEs are not present), and through a small team of direct reports. Over time, the F&RE Manager will scale a lean and efficient team of additional dedicated Facilities professionals.
- Facilities & Real Estate Experience: 4+years of directly relevant experience in a fast-paced environment. Robust experience and demonstrable successes each of the areas listed under “Responsibilities.” Experience managing tens to hundreds of thousands of square feet globally across multiple sites. Knowledge of real estate standards, policies, metrics, and best practices is required. Global experience is a plus.
- Organisation and Project Management: Extensive experience managing multiple concurrent large-scale projects. Tackles projects, BAU operations, and ad hoc tasks with a meticulous, organised, and thorough approach.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 8
- Catering 1
- Construction 55
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 8
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 108
- Estates, Property 44
- Facilities Management (main) 116
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 69
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 33
- Management 29
- M&E 70
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 52
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 3