Building Support Manager
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Our client who are one of the Worlds leading Facilities Maintenance and Construction firms are currently looking to recruit a Building Fabrics Support Manager on one of their healtcare sites in the Birmingham area.
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of day to day management of Building Fabric related maintenance across the estates. You will be working closely with the Senior Management team on site to ensure all services level agreemants are met and all statutory requirements are met.
You will responsible for managing the work force and sub-contractors to complete the PPM and Reactive maintenacnce works and provide onsite leadership to the building fabrics team.
- To deliver, at all times, a high quality Estates Services within the Hospital by applying professional expertise and management control. Thus ensuring added value, increased productivity and a cost effective service.
- To exercise financial and commercial control in the management of expenditure and income within agreed budgets. To maximise the profitability of Estates operations by controlling costs.
- To assist as required in identifying and develop opportunities across the contract to enhance business and revenue growth.
- To effectively manage all business dealings with suppliers and sub-contractors in order to develop and maintain a relationship that promotes service excellence and best value.
- To assist in developing, implementing and maintaining an Estates performance monitoring system, and be accountable for the monthly performance of the Estates Service when measured against it.
- To actively promote the implementation of professional codes of practice for the contract in line with contractual, organisational and local business needs.
- To be involved in business development activities for the contract and support the Business Development Team as a whole when required.
- To promote the highest standards of customer care and to monitor the quality of all Estates Services provided to customers, making changes as necessary, in order to maintain acceptable levels of service provision.
- To ensure that all work activity is undertaken in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with Statute Law, Codes Of Practice, Department of Health Guidance Company Policy, Management Plans and Procedures and contract agreed Method Statements. Thus ensuring that a safe environment exists, at all times, throughout the hospital and grounds, for patients, staff and other users of the premises.
- To assist in the development and promotion of an effective environmental strategy for the Hard FM Service ensuring that it supports all contract, company and hospital objectives.
- To develop a highly motivated and professional team by exercising strong leadership skills and promoting an atmosphere of co-operation and openness.
- To ensure that all staff receive appropriate appraisal of their performance and are provided, where necessary, with a relevant training and development plan so that they can achieve the highest standards of personal contribution.
- HND/degree (NVQ4/5) (Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Building)
- Experience within a Healthcare setting (Desired)
If this role would be of any interest at all please apply with your CV online or call Jamie on 01745 772218
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 8
- Catering 1
- Construction 55
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 8
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 108
- Estates, Property 44
- Facilities Management (main) 116
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 69
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 33
- Management 29
- M&E 70
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 52
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 3