This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
- Handyman - mechanical bias
- Central Leeds based role
- Immediate start - permanent position
- Shift pattern - days and nights
My client is recruiting for a handyman to work on their large hospital site in Leeds city centre (parking space provided). The site is large and interesting providing a stimulating environment for people who like a challenge and be busy and active. It is a highly responsive contract with a lot of reactive work as well as undertaking a wide range of planned maintenance tasks.
The role is working a shift pattern which is 4 on 4 off covering both days 7am - 7pm and night 7pm - 7am so you must be willing to work these hours.
- Fabric repairs, painting, patch plastering, ceiling repairs, wall protection, glazing
- Replacement, flooring repairs, furniture repairs, fitting shelves etc
- Electrical maintenance and repairs, fitting new flexes and plug tops to equipment, lamp cleaning and replacement, minor electrical repairs within the capability of the individual, portable appliance testing.
- Mechanical repairs tap re-washering, drain unblocking, pre-planned maintenance, water checks, minor steam system
- You will work along side a team of other handypersons and engineers including to provide a full hard services provision to the site and its assets.
- There is a lot of specific kit on the site for which full training and upskilling is provided so this is the perfect opportunity for any engineers looking to expand their skill set. There is also the opportunity to progress within the company and become a qualified electrical or mechanical technician if you're looking to study further and gain promotion.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates must have:
- Previous experience in a role completing all kinds of building maintenance
- Basic mechanical or electrical qualifications
- Have a strong work ethic
- Good customer facing experience to deal with the client on site
- Able to work unsupervised
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 12
- Building Design, Planning, Development 19
- Catering 1
- Construction 33
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 12
- Energy Management 4
- Engineering, Maintenance 176
- Estates, Property 32
- Facilities Management (main) 185
- Front of House 5
- Hard Services 99
- Health & Safety 2
- Human Resources 2
- HVAC 65
- Management 39
- M&E 87
- Operations 13
- Sales & Marketing 18
- Soft Services 26
- Sustainability 3
- ICT, Technical 15
- Training 2
- Waste Management 5
- Workplace 11