Electrical Maintenance Engineer
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Electrical Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Portsmouth and surrounding (4 local static sites)
£32,000-£33,000 per annum with plenty of overtime
25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holidays
Personal use of van if required
Working for one of the leading Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance / Facilities Maintenance companies in the UK. As a company they employ over 2,000 multi-skilled engineers and turnover more than £5 Billion.
To operate within the maintenance team as a mobile M&E service engineer carrying out planned and reactive works. This is a vital role, ensuring compliance across a variety of planned maintenance and reactive tasks.
Main Duties and responsibilities for Maintenance Engineer:
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the clients' needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Ability to build positive relationships with the client
- Role Models enthusiasm and energy about their work and encourages others to do the same.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with Client in order to speedily resolve day to day operational problems and identify opportunities for increasing the level of profitable business arising from these relationships
- Self-motivated and capable of working within a team environment
- Demonstrates resourcefulness when acquiring additional professional expertise.
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues
- Project a professional demeanour with colleagues, clients and their customers
Personal Qualities & Experience:
- Industry relevant qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of City & Guilds qualifications C&G 2361 Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- 17 th Edition as a minimum (18 th Edition Training supplied)
- Electrical Control Panel maintenance and repair desirable.
- Must be experienced in carrying out small electrical installation jobs as and when required.
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Must be prepared to work out of hours when required and on a scheduled callout rota
- Proactive approach to all tasks undertaken
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Competent working knowledge of M&E or Fabric disciplines
Please apply with a copy of your CV or call the office and ask for Josh - 01745 77 22 18
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 11
- Building Design, Planning, Development 8
- Catering 1
- Construction 56
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 8
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 105
- Estates, Property 45
- Facilities Management (main) 111
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 66
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 31
- Management 28
- M&E 69
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 6
- Security 1
- Soft Services 53
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 2