Regional Facilities Manager
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Bright Horizons is the UK's leading childcare and work-life solutions provider, with a portfolio of over 300 nurseries, and a 30 year history, we are proud to have been trusted by many families to provide their children with exceptional care and education for the early years, and proud to have been voted Great Place to Work for the last 14 consecutive years.
We are now looking for a field based Regional Facilities Manager, with M & E experience, to support our West London portfolio (circa 40 nurseries).
As a Regional Facilities Manager, you will ensure that our Nurseries are safe, secure, well maintained and clean premises, acheived by coordinating all facility relating activities for your region effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate, plan and action the day to day repairs & maintenance requests of all the nurseries within the BHFS portfolio, with the chosen FM provider, to ensure the Nursery’s safety and the Nursery Managers’ expectations are met.
- Coordinate the Statutory Inspections (and remedial works) for all plant and equipment within your nursery portfolio with the incumbent FM provider.
- Ensure we get “best value for money” from all our contractors and review M&E quotations and estimates for the team (when necessary) for their validity and reasonableness.
- Project manage all capital refurbishments under your facilities region, including scoping of works, tendering, completion of business cases, appointing the approved contractors, managing the timelines and financial control to ensure the project is finished on time and within budget.
- Visit the nurseries under your control on a regular basis to ensure safe working environments
- Review the work carried out by our Approved Contractors for both quality and completeness
- Maintain adequate records for all capital works, repairs and maintenance and servicing, including sufficient information for producing performance management information.
- Assist with the development of suitable Repairs and Maintenance processes and procedures with the senior management team and documenting these systems.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and business partners. Ensure effective communication and partnership with the Senior Operational leadership so all work is prioritised and carried efficiently and effectively and all issues are dealt with expediently and to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Receive and manage to a satisfactory conclusion all Facilities related complaints from colleagues and Nurseries alike
- Preferably educated to degree level in either Facilities Management, an Engineering discipline, Building Surveying or Project Management,
- Strong previous experience of managing Hard Facilities Services in a multi-site environment.
- Previous experience with M&E services
- NEBOSH certificate/Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health (or equivalent)
- Approachable individual with a professional manner, capable of representing the business to all external organisations
- Methodical in approach to all tasks asked of them
- An effective time manager with the ability to multi-task
- Strong business operational focus
- Strong in building relationships and capable of communicating at all levels
- Team player, whilst able to work on own initiative
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up, any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 11
- Building Design, Planning, Development 18
- Catering 1
- Construction 31
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 11
- Energy Management 4
- Engineering, Maintenance 152
- Estates, Property 25
- Facilities Management (main) 166
- Front of House 5
- Hard Services 86
- Health & Safety 1
- Human Resources 2
- HVAC 55
- Management 37
- M&E 75
- Operations 12
- Sales & Marketing 16
- Soft Services 24
- Sustainability 3
- ICT, Technical 13
- Training 2
- Waste Management 4
- Workplace 11