Hard FM Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with the estates and scientific support team working as Hard Facilities Manager. The Rothamsted Research Harpenden Estate is situated over 345 Hectares of land comprising of over 28 main buildings, arable farm and Grade I listed Manor House with a further two other sites near Okehampton, Devon and Brooms Barn, Suffolk.
The range of works is varied with large HVAC plant on site comprising of the following CHP, absorption chillers, Large chillers, MTHW district heating, LTHW water systems, Close control growth cabinets and rooms.
The role holder will be required to deliver a high quality professional Hard FM (statutory compliance and risk management, planned and reactive mechanical and electrical maintenance, controlled environments maintenance, forward maintenance and life cycle planning, energy management etc.), service to the Rothamsted estate. Specifically:
- To focus on ensuring the estate is and remains statutory compliant and ensuring regular planned preventative maintenance is carried out.
- To ensure compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and good practice.
- To be accountable for excellent service delivery in your team and the achievement of its aims and objectives ensuring continuous improvements are made.
- To effectively manage the Hard FM team and take ownership and responsibility for financial planning, delivering Hard FM services in accordance with prepared and approved budgets and planning and co-ordinating the delivery of Hard FM services.
- To work closely and effectively with the other Estates & Scientific Support teams.
Interview dates 10 October 2019.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 12
- Building Design, Planning, Development 2
- Construction 43
- Energy Management 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 119
- Estates, Property 19
- Facilities Management (main) 75
- Hard Services 7
- Health & Safety 7
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 6
- Management 1
- M&E 13
- Operations 7
- Procurement 2
- Sales & Marketing 1
- Soft Services 6
- ICT, Technical 1
- Workplace 2