Estates Space Planner
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Working within the Estates, Facilities and Capital Development Directorate, you will play a pivotal role in the planning, and coordinating of office moves, ensuring the service is delivered coherently and professionally to minimise disruption to University operations. These will range from small office reconfigurations to larger moves linked to the Estate Strategy. You will liaise with end-users to obtain their requirements and prepare a detailed project brief in conjunction with the University’s Space Management Guidelines. Planning options, feasibilities and concepts for discussion, with key stakeholders to finalise an agreed brief in collaboration with our in-house IT and Facilities teams. The role includes managing furniture suppliers, move contractors and signage contractors as necessary to support the process. This post reports to the Head of Space Management.
Typically, you will:
- Project manage complex and interconnected office and space moves, acting as a central point of contact, engaging with occupants and key stakeholders, to deliver finished, usable spaces with as little disruption to business and student experience as possible
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the University to develop space designs and project briefs that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the estate
- Update the estates database upon completion of project work to inform strategic space planning activities
- Lead on post-occupancy evaluations and maintain lessons learnt logs and review processes.
The ideal candidate would have proven extensive knowledge and experience of the following:
- Working collaboratively, across organisational boundaries, to review, adapt and improve services, building capacity and introducing change
- Engaging with groups of stakeholder, and analysing information to generate and agree collaborative solutions
- Working with AutoCAD to design feasible solutions to stakeholder and University requirements.
About the team:
This varied and dynamic role will involve working within the Property and Space Management team who are facilitating improvements to the teaching, research and office space across the University.
Working at Manchester Metropolitan University:
Based in central Manchester, you will enjoy a generous annual leave allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays, plus Christmas Closure, a fantastic pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, local and national discounts on high street and online brands, and many more rewards and benefits.
Closing date: 29 August 2019
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 10
- Building Design, Planning, Development 4
- Catering 1
- Construction 37
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 74
- Estates, Property 11
- Facilities Management (main) 34
- Front of House 2
- Hard Services 4
- Health & Safety 9
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 17
- Management 14
- M&E 9
- Operations 5
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Soft Services 6
- Sustainability 2
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 11