This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Assistant, Painter Decorator, Cleaners, Sub-contractors
Permanent, full time (40 hours pw)
£36,000 per annum
24 days plus public holidays
Closing date for applications
Week commencing 25thFebruary 2019
Harewood House Trust is the charity that manages and maintains Harewood House and its immediate environs, by opening to the public as a visitor attraction and events venue which attracts in excess of 200,000 visitors a year.
Harewood House is one of England’s finest 18thcentury country houses, with a magnificent collection of fine and decorative arts. It is an accredited museum and nationally designated collection, and is the family seat of the Earl and Countess of Harewood.
Harewood House Trust is embarking on a transformation of its properties and grounds over the next few years, including a number of capital projects. This will ensure we remain one of Yorkshire’s premier tourist attractions going into the future.
Main purpose of role
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the fabric of Harewood house, its ancillary buildings and surrounding infastrusture while being mindful of its status as a designated museum, tourist attraction and events venue. This includes hard and soft services, planned preventative maintenance (PPM), project based work and reactive changes
- Work closely with the Masterplan Lead to ensure the successful delivery of capital projects
- Lead on compliance and operational risk management (health, safety, security, fire, access etc)
- Manage budget setting, tracking and forecasting
Key Result Areas
Project Management and Maintenance
- Take overall responsibility for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance and project manage work as appropriate.
- Develop and implement innovative planned and preventative maintenance programmes that reduce short and long term operating costs and increase productivity
- Pro-actively develop and manage facilities management processes ensuring that expected service levels are achieved.
- Support the delivery of capital expenditure projects working closely with the Masterplan Lead
- Undertake regular site visits to ensure that the maintenance, presentation and cleanliness of all facilitiles and associated areas fully supports the visitors’ journey.
- Organise and manage both planned and reactive maintenance of buildings and infrastructure
- Ensure necessary planning permissions are sought as appropriate
- Lead an internal facilities team, developing their capability to ensure high levels of performance and commitment recommending any training needed
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with contractors, suppliers and external stakeholders
- Ensure the effective provision of maintenance support for special events run throughout the year
- Negotiate, agree and monitor all service agreements.
- Manage external contractors making certain they perform against KPIs and SLAs whilst ensuring that planned works are completed to budget, asset management plans and in accordance with H&S legislation and best practices.
- Plan and monitor budgets and provide regular financial forecasts as required
- Regularly review existing contracts to ensure best value is achived for the Trust
Health & Safety
- Ensure a robust Health and Safety culture exists throughout the Trust
- Promote Health & Safety awareness through coaching, training and mentoring and carrying out and advising on risk assessments, training needs and other inspections as required
- Ensure that fire, environmental and health & safety compliance is first rate, making sure we plan well for emergencies.
- Act as the Trust’s legionella Responsible Person, taking day-to-day responsibility for controlling Legionella bacteria and Legionnaires’ disease across the Trust site.
- Act as the Trust’s Fire Officer and ensure a team of appropriately trained staff exists within the organisation
- Act as the Trust’s Responsible person for asbestos, ensuring that everyone on the premises, including visitors is protected from exposure to asbestos
- Ensure correct mechanisms are in place for reporting of workplace incidents
- Lead on environmental management to support the Trust’s commitment to reducing our environmental impact and improving our environmental performance. This includes waste management and energy efficiency.
- Monitor the environmental control system and in liaison with the House & Collections team ensure that the atmospheric quality is appropriate.
- Monitor energy use around the site, and recommend cost saving measures where appropriate.
- Implement a programme of recycling, making available appropriate containers for recyclable waste and arranging for collection in a timely manner
- Work closely with others on the ongoing development and implementation of the Disaster Plan. Liaise with emergency services on a regular basis so that they are always aware of the current Disaster Plan.
- Take responsibility for all plant and machinery, including management of fleet vehicles ensuring best value for money and that each item is fit for purpose and maintained appropriately.
- A willingness to work flexibly
- A commitment to equal opportunities and health and safety
- Actively contribute to the successful achievement of departmental and charity-wide goals
- Adhere to all Harewood House Trust policies and procedures
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested
- Actively embody the charity’s values: friendly, not remote; engaging, not aloof; warm, not cold; spirited, not strict; generous, not mean; delightful, not demure; courageous, not timid; relevant, not stagnant
For more information and to apply, please visit https://harewood.org/about/blog-2/jobs/. Applications will only be accepted on our application form and received before the closing date. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
No agencies please.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 4
- Building Design, Planning, Development 10
- Construction 42
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 5
- Energy Management 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 56
- Estates, Property 21
- Events 1
- Facilities Management (main) 89
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 2
- Health & Safety 17
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 9
- Management 3
- M&E 4
- Operations 1
- Procurement 1
- Sales & Marketing 13
- Soft Services 10
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 2