This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Contracts, Projects, Bids
Building Design, Planning, Development
The Role: Commercial Manager
Sector: Construction – Mixed Use Schemes
Salary: £60,000 to £65,000
My client is a rapidly growing real estate business that owns and develops trophy assets and they continue to grow with new major schemes. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Commercial Manager to join the development team and focus on the people and process across a number of projects.
The ideal candidate will be a Cost Management professional with expansive construction experience. You will help manage cost activities, both pre and post-construction, for the rapidly growing portfolio.
This person will help the existing team manage all of the project pipeline for the region. In addition, this person will be responsible for the full cycle of Cost Management activities on live Developments in/around London.
The Commercial Manager needs to demonstrate a deep understanding of the marketplace, economics, cost drivers, trades, MEP systems, material and labour pricing, procurement methods and possess the skills to work within a dynamic and growing business function in a fast-paced environment.
Experience gained from a Contractor/Main Contractor background would be an advantage but not essential.
- Be a main point of contact and escalation for cost management team members.
- Provide financial governance for preconstruction and construction activities for projects within the region.
- Manage the Capex Budget for Projects within the region with colleagues in Project and Construction Management disciplines reporting into the Commercial Director for all spend approvals.
- Assume responsibility for the bidding, procurement and execution of the construction projects within the region for a number of Projects.
- Ensure the Project teams are following approved budgeting practices consistent with corporate guidelines. Ensure such practices result in the most complete estimates possible while ensuring the financial objectives are met.
- Provide reports and financial oversight to Directors.
- Assist other individuals within the organization to grow and develop the regional business by providing the requisite cost advice and consultation for potential transactions and opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of a reliable network of contractors and suppliers. Develop and maintain effective working relationships so the needs of the business can be met.
- Negotiate, agree and settle final accounts and close out statements as necessary and with prior approval of the Commercial Director and Head of Development.
- University degree in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management or equivalent and/or relevant work experience in a cost, cost management related field
- 5 years of general Cost Management experience in interiors or base building projects
- 5 years of experience with commercial interior fit-outs, on very tight time frames with high-end finishes
- Well-developed budgeting, communications, construction knowledge, financial analysis, purchasing, negotiation and computer skills are required
- Experience in conceptual, schematic, pre-construction phases of projects
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
To be considered for the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all our vacancies, go to, www.corecruitment.com
You must be able to live and work without restriction in the UK.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 17
- Building Design, Planning, Development 4
- Catering 8
- Construction 29
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 7
- Energy Management 1
- Engineering, Maintenance 182
- Estates, Property 56
- Events 6
- Facilities Management (main) 218
- Front of House 6
- Hard Services 130
- Health & Safety 7
- HVAC 61
- Management 9
- M&E 86
- Operations 17
- Sales & Marketing 4
- Security 1
- Soft Services 20
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 6
- Training 1
- Workplace 12