Support and Helpdesk Service Manager
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Job title: Support and Helpdesk Service Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week, flexible shifts
Salary: SO1 points 28-31: £28,785 - £31,371
The Grammar School at Leeds are seeking an enthusiastic Support and Helpdesk Service Manager, responsible for operational management of the Estates team, and supporting the Director of Estates to provide a customer focused service across the school.
- Take overall responsibility for the operational management of the Estates team, with specific focus on: customer service, helpdesk and service delivery.
- Develop and maintain a flexible working relationship with the cleaning team to ensure the high level of cleaning services are maintained.
- Liaise with the Director of Estates in all matters relating to service delivery.
- Work closely with the Director of Estates and supervise the Estates Services Team including
o The managing of holiday absence and sickness.
o Shift patterns, cover, overtime and workloads
o Probationary reviews & annual reviews
o General staffing issues
- Manage the Estates helpdesk and allocate jobs appropriately across the whole team.
- Develop individuals, giving and encouraging opportunities for their personal development.
- Assist the Director of Estates in the continual monitoring and management of estates budgets.
- Supervise the Team ensuring that all routines and job requests are completed within target times.
- Provide “hands on” assistance if required in Facilities operations across the entire school site.
- Take part, as directed, in training on equipment, materials, H&S and any other procedure required for you to fulfil your principle duty.
- Carry out your duties with due regard to your and others safety.
- Respond to requests for assistance from staff promptly and courteously.
- Control all waste disposal services.
- Assist with onsite parking and traffic management
- Assist with summer and holiday project work schedules
- Management of winter weather processes
- Work with and assist other estates team leaders in their duties as required. This may include:
o Cleaning operations.
o Gardening or grounds operations.
o Maintenance and compliance
o Site support
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and post as directed by the Director of Estates.
There are also a range of non-contractual benefits available including salary sacrifice schemes and access to the school gym and pool
More information about the role and responsibilities are contained in the job description and person specification. Application is by completion of the online GSAL application form.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 17
- Building Design, Planning, Development 9
- Catering 7
- Construction 68
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 16
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 180
- Estates, Property 31
- Events 1
- Facilities Management (main) 135
- Front of House 10
- Graduate, Apprenticeship & Intern 1
- Hard Services 73
- Health & Safety 7
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 41
- Management 12
- M&E 80
- Operations 25
- Procurement 2
- Sales & Marketing 12
- Security 1
- Soft Services 38
- Sustainability 2
- ICT, Technical 8
- Training 1
- Waste Management 8
- Workplace 11