Head of Building Services
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Facilities Management (main)
Head of Building Services
£65 – 75k
My client has a fantastic client direct new opportunity for a Head of Building Services based in West London. The Head of Building Services will lead the engineering team from the front with his team of managers. The role of Head of Building Services has the opportunity for growth and progression.
Head of Building Services Key Responsibilities
- Develop planned preventative maintenance schedules and assist in the forward planning of property maintenance and development matters ensuring strategic contribution to the company meeting its corporate goals.
- Manage the effective performance of the in-house and specialist contract teams for maintenance as it relates to property maintenance management issues through the implementation of existing performance measures and development and agreement of new customer-based performance standards as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, which will include the implementation of remedial works highlighted by the risk assessment programme.
- Ensure proper financial and contractual management in all areas. This will include liaison with finance colleagues, inputting and amending capital and revenue forecasts and monitoring and reporting on subsequent expenditure.
- Continually monitor and report on the in-house maintenance team, contractor and consultant performance.
- Liaise on developments and major capital projects. Liaise with appointed external consultants to ensure smooth handover of projects into the managed portfolio.
- Oversee the thorough investigation of defects and all associated repairs.
- Provide a full technical support service to internal departments, communicating effectively at all levels within the company through the drafting of reports, provision of appropriate and timely technical information, compilation and interpretation of performance data and technical assistance with press releases to customers and the wider community.
- Oversee and/or commission feasibility and condition surveys and report on findings.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge and understanding of Building Services functions, issues, solutions and best practice approaches.
2. Strong business awareness/knowledge of operational management issues.
3. Extensive knowledge of coordinating activities of a range of building and property professionals to agreed outcomes across a varied portfolio.
4. Ability to carry out systematic periodic inspections and prepare forward maintenance programs and estimates.
5. Ability to manage and deliver building maintenance work in accordance with preplanned programs and budgets.
6. Knowledge of and ability to effectively manage capital and revenue budgets to agreed outcomes and within a ‘value-for-money’ environment.
7. Knowledge of maintenance contracts and ability to deliver expectations and outcomes.
8. Ability to lead and manage an in-house buildings maintenance/engineering team.
9. Knowledge of the formulation of analysis and ability to develop strategic objectives, advice and implement strategies and effectively communicate to senior managers, SLT and elected members.
10. Ability to engage with all parts of the business to be able to listen and inform on property issues using non-technical language as appropriate.
11. Ability to be robust, resilient, calm and work effectively under pressure in emergency situations.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION(S), EXPERIENCE AND REGISTRATION (e.g. HCPC)
1. An appropriate professional qualification / degree or a trade qualification (e.g. electrician or mechanical engineer) and demonstrable relevant management experience.
2. Member of or working towards membership of a relevant professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or proven experience at a senior level as a Contracts Manager, Maintenance Manager, Technical Service Manager or Facilities Manager.
3. Experience of managing projects.
4. Experience of commissioning providers, including commercial procurement and contract management.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 8
- Building Design, Planning, Development 9
- Catering 1
- Construction 59
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 9
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 108
- Estates, Property 45
- Facilities Management (main) 119
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 68
- Health & Safety 4
- Human Resources 4
- HVAC 32
- Management 30
- M&E 67
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Soft Services 42
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 2