Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Central Kitchen Unit
**My client is shortlisting for this role and we will be screening / briefing on position closer to the start date in July/Aug**
Working with our Client’s expanding food business you will be in the perfect place to develop your career to the fullest. As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will have full responsibility for advising on all technical aspects of factory production and its environment. Ensuring that all products meet Customer and legal requirements, particularly for food safety. Working with factory team and auditing team to drive continuous improvement.
The Quality Assurance Manager must be able to react quickly to changing circumstances and make decisions based on fact.
- Ownership and management of technical systems to meet regulatory requirements
- Ownership & management of Quality KPI’s (Specifications/ Reporting systems/ RCA's)
- Design, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of HACCP based Quality Management System
- Monitoring of factory cleaning and housekeeping and hygiene standards through first hand auditing on the factory floor
- Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients / product, products under hold, reject and returns and speed of action and problem solving.
- Provide technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of technical issues.
- Product / process / environmental improvements to meet Customer and legislative requirements and progress against internal KPIs
- Daily reporting for the operation team, providing relevant information to facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Participation in the internal, independent auditing team as required.
- Management of serious incidents and corrective actions / preventative measures.
- Crisis Management (testing the system).
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Any other duties as may be required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Experience in similar High Care food or beverages industry, including auditing experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and organisational skills.
- Team leadership qualities and personal development skills.
- Initiative, self-motivated, well organised and assertive.
- Logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of ISO 22000, HACCP, Food Legislation, and Food Hygiene.
- Training, project management and coaching skills.
- Able to demonstrate experience in establishing & maintaining relationships with Customers, external contacts, management colleagues etc.
- Internal Auditing
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 2
- Building Design, Planning, Development 10
- Construction 27
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 68
- Estates, Property 15
- Facilities Management (main) 97
- Front of House 2
- Hard Services 51
- Health & Safety 5
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 29
- Management 6
- M&E 47
- Operations 7
- Sales & Marketing 8
- Soft Services 39
- Sustainability 4
- ICT, Technical 7
- Workplace 7