Regional Technical Manager (Facilities Management) X5!
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Regional Technical Manager (Facilities Management)
Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service is an agency of the MoJ and provides the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. It delivers services to the public directly in court and tribunal buildings, remotely via business centres and some limited services via the internet.
HMCTS has a once in a generation opportunity to transform the entire Courts and Tribunals Service through the HMCTS Reform Programme, enhancing the provision of a world-class justice system, in a manner that provides an improved user experience at reduced cost to the taxpayer. This will contribute to consolidating the UK’s position at the forefront of an increasingly competitive international legal market as well as ensuring access to justice for all.
The programme includes modernising the court estate, updating and replacing its technology, speeding up and streamlining working practices, refurbishing buildings to reduce maintenance costs and provide much improved services for service users, especially vulnerable witnesses and victims. Effective staff engagement at a time of such significant change will be critical to success; maintaining a positive and lasting connection between HMCTS management and its staff.
An effective courts and tribunals service is fundamental to our democracy, underpinning the rule of law. This is an opportunity to work in a role that will support and enable a major transformation programme, designed not just to give our courts and tribunals a sustainable and affordable future, but improve how we deliver justice.
Key Purpose of the Role
- The Facilities Management (FM) Regional Technical Manager supports the Technical Services and Assurance Lead in providing expert specialist and professional building and engineering technical expertise and oversight of all buildings and systems across the HMCTS estate to ensure they are compliant with relevant legislation.
- Support the Capital and Revenue (Resource) Maintenance Plan by reviewing the technical solutions within the forward maintenance register to ensure they are in line with HMCTS’s objectives and aims, and with legislative compliance. Challenge solutions proposed by suppliers to ensure value for money and provide alternative technical options where required.
- Support the managers in the FM work-stream in discharging the HMCTS duty holder responsibilities. This role will be responsible for providing technical advice and support of FM operations through the management of internal and external professional advice.
- Ensure appropriate compliance reporting systems deployed by Suppliers are operated and audited across all contracts to ensure Statutory Compliance is achieved and maintained. Ensure the appropriate logging of technical activity and information through the FM Helpdesk to ensure proactive resolution to technical issues in a controlled and managed way.
Key Technical Skills
- Degree/HNC in an engineering related discipline.
- Qualified or working towards IWFM (BIFM) – Level 4 Certificate/Diploma or equivalent; with progression to Level 5 Diploma.
- Experience in engineering or building fabric maintenance including sufficient, knowledge, training and experience to support the duty holder role.
- Experienced as a property and facilities management professional, with in-depth knowledge of asset and risk management strategies.
- A good understanding of the costing and practical delivery of works
- A deep understanding of the issues involved in managing a large operational and administrative estate, including customer management and supply chain management.
- Successful experience of leading, motivating and managing in-house and outsourced teams through a period of significant change.
- Experience of managing crisis situations in relation to asset management functions.
- Experience of working at a senior level and providing oral and written briefings.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 5
- Building Design, Planning, Development 3
- Catering 3
- Construction 25
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 5
- Energy Management 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 32
- Estates, Property 32
- Facilities Management (main) 68
- Hard Services 19
- Health & Safety 10
- HVAC 7
- Management 9
- M&E 22
- Operations 14
- Procurement 4
- Sales & Marketing 6
- Soft Services 31
- Sustainability 2
- ICT, Technical 1
- Workplace 8