This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service is an agency of the MoJ and provides the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. It delivers services to the public directly in court and tribunal buildings, remotely via business centres and some limited services via the internet.
There are high expectations of all staff regardless of the job they do and good performance is expected from everybody. The organisation is continuously adopting new or better ways of working to ensure that it focuses on just that which is essential.
HMCTS has a once in a generation opportunity to transform the entire Courts and Tribunals Service through the HMCTS Reform Programme, enhancing the provision of a world-class justice system, in a manner that provides an improved user experience at reduced cost to the taxpayer. This will contribute to consolidating the UK’s position at the forefront of an increasingly competitive international legal market as well as ensuring access to justice for all.
The programme includes modernising the court estate, updating and replacing its technology, speeding up and streamlining working practices, refurbishing buildings to reduce maintenance costs and provide much improved services for service users, especially vulnerable witnesses and victims. Effective staff engagement at this time of such significant change will be critical to success; maintaining a positive and lasting connection between HMCTS management and its staff.
An effective courts and tribunals service is fundamental to our democracy, underpinning the rule of law. This is an opportunity to work in a role that will support and enable a major transformation programme, designed not just to give our courts and tribunals a sustainable and affordable future, but improve how we deliver justice.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Working within the Property Directorate Technical team, the job holder will take the national responsibility and lead on commercial advice to internal Project Sponsors, internal Project Managers, technical advisers and external Project Managers in the development of all capital maintenance project proposals, proactively bearing down on all cost components.
- To be the lead in relation to the development of works programmes for the Capital Planning Team, Project Managers and FM Team to build a fully resourced annual work programme, 5 year and 10-year work programmes, outlining pre-tender estimates along with specifying, tendering and delivery phases, ensuring that all projects are planned and structured to minimise impacts on HMCTS business and the effects of seasonal impacts to works.
- To lead the Capital Planning Team, Project Managers and FM Team in ensuring delivery of new projects is undertaken by appropriate teams with commensurate skills, and that quality is delivered alongside value for money across all projects.
- Providing lead technical expertise for Project Managers and others within the HMCTS Property Directorate to help identify optimal commercial delivery solutions for major investment projects.
- Use commercial information to conduct financial reviews of ‘in-flight’ HMCTS projects to provide assurance that value for money and compliance to financial processes is being received, including benchmarking at key stages within the RIBA Plan of Work process.
- A detailed and demonstrable experience in large scale commercial quantity surveying.
- Experience of commercial management and procurement of contractors, including chairing senior meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates and accruals calculations
- Ability to manage capital spend programmes and drive performance
- Working knowledge of the full suite of construction contracts.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills with suppliers and partners
- Senior management presentation and Report writing skills
- Excellent communication, numerical and computer literacy skills
- HNC/HND Level Education or Equivalent
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 8
- Catering 1
- Construction 55
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 8
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 108
- Estates, Property 44
- Facilities Management (main) 116
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 69
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 33
- Management 29
- M&E 70
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 52
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 3