High Voltage Contracts Engineer
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Our client who provide HV Installations and Maintenance to various clients within the HV Networks sector and are accredited under the National Electricity Registraion Scheme (NERS) are looking to recruit a High Voltage Contract Engineer in the Aberdeen area.
To provide HV Maintenance to ensure client HV networks are inspected and maintained on a regular basis. They operate varying maintenance contracts to suit individual client needs.
The business unit are looking for an experienced Contracts Engineer / Senior Authorised Person, ideally with Offshore oil and Gas experience to engage with our client base and provide engineering solutions for the installation and maintenance of HV & LV electrical systems.
The successful applicant will:-
- Manage the works to meet the customer's requirements in terms of specification, costs, budget & time and progress is continuously evaluated and reported back.
- Ensure that the work is adequately instructed and communicated to the workforce.
- Manage Health & Safety for the site and ensure works are carried out safely and that reasonable and practical measures are taken to maintain the safety of all involved.
- Manage and control sub-contractors.
- Maintain company quality standards
HV / SAP Experience is required in order to:-
- Execute construction and asset replacement projects on 11kV - 33kV distribution networks.
- Undertake operational, technical and safety from the system duties associated with the construction, maintenance and commissioning of customer networks.
- Provide leadership, sound technical knowledge, a positive safety culture and strong technical awareness.
- Lead and carry out onshore / offshore maintenance scopes as required,
- Organise and execute HV switching, isolation, earthing, and issue of safety documentation for customer HV networks up to, 33kV. All in accordance with Company High Voltage distribution safety rules and operational procedures.
- Undertake on site testing and commissioning of customer HV distribution systems.
- Knowledge of maintenance of HV Switchgear and protection systems
Qualifications & Expereince:
- HNC in electrical engineering - Power Distribution or the equivalent would be preferred but not essential
- City & Guilds in HV Operational safety
- HV Senior Authorisation status required (e.g. DNO Authorisations, or with other organisations)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an electrical contracting environment and be technically competent
- Interpersonal skills at all organisational levels
- The ability to work in a controlled way under pressure
- Organised, problem solver with the attention to detail and a can do attitude.
- Knows when to say no both from a technical and safety perspective.
- Has appreciation and understanding of the commercial impact of practical actions on customer's sites.
- Offshore oil and gas experience ideal but not essential for the right candidate.
If this role would be of any interest please apply with your CV online or call Jamie on 01745 772218
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 10
- Building Design, Planning, Development 3
- Construction 31
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 2
- Engineering, Maintenance 64
- Estates, Property 13
- Facilities Management (main) 35
- Front of House 2
- Hard Services 3
- Health & Safety 8
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 14
- Management 8
- M&E 11
- Operations 4
- Sales & Marketing 4
- Soft Services 5
- ICT, Technical 2
- Workplace 12