This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Large FM provider with a lot of fantastic clients, is currently looking for a Premises Manager to join the FM team in Crawley. This role will report directly to the Facilities Manager and Deputy Facilities Manager.
You will be an integral part of a small team working within an educational environment across 3 schools in the Crawley area.
The team will be required to work shifts including weekend working, varying from 6am to 10.30pm on a rota'd basis and you will be required to manage this rota and fill-in at times as required. You will also be required to be on-call to deal with any queries out of office hours.
About the role
- Day-to-day supervision of site based team & supply chain partners, liaison with the clients and schools on both operational issues and the interface of the helpdesk and administrative support team.
- Direct input into Lifecycle works and budget planning
- Unlocking / locking the college building and areas
- Undertaking regular security checks and identifying security risks
- Monitoring fire safety equipment and carrying out fire drills
- Managing the CCTV equipment and policy compliance
- Providing emergency access to the college site
- Organising and carrying out minor improvement work e.g. erecting shelves, notice boards, redecorating, fixing etc.
- Organising and carrying out various maintenance duties to ensure that the general upkeep and maintenance of the premises is satisfactory
- Identifying defects and recording/repairing
- Collecting and assembling waste for collection
- Operating and responding to alarm systems where appropriate
- Promoting and ensuring the health and safety of pupils, staff and visitors at all times
- Ensuring client is compliant with all aspects of the Health and Safety at Work Act and to provide assistance on health and safety matters
- Ensuring agreed levels of PPM are achieved and continuously improved
- Controlling and delegating PPM tasks
- Assisting in the preparation of project monthly reports and to represent the client at meetings to discuss performance, contributing in a positive and business-like manner as and when required.
- Ensuring the safe and secure storage of spare parts, materials, tools and consumables and the relevant COSHH data
- Monitoring and managing sub-contractor performance, safe systems of work etc.
- Effectively and efficiently dealing with other client booking requests i.e. exam set up, open days, parents evenings etc
- Ensuring all client processes and procedures are followed including:
Who are we looking for?
- Experience of working within a similar role.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Great communication skills in both written and verbal format
- Experience of Handyperson/caretaking/cleaning/site-keeping in a school/college or similar environment
- A means to travel between schools on a daily basis. Travel expenses will be reimbursed between sites.
- Experience of crisis situations, be practical and reliable.
- Experience of Health and Safety regulations and instructions. You should also be able to assess risks and complete risk assessment documentation and escalate queries or concerns when and where appropriate.
- Working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation
- H&S Qualification such as IOSH is beneficial but otherwise training will be provided
The client will offer great career progression and training
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 8
- Building Design, Planning, Development 9
- Catering 1
- Construction 59
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 9
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 107
- Estates, Property 45
- Facilities Management (main) 118
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 65
- Health & Safety 4
- Human Resources 4
- HVAC 32
- Management 30
- M&E 66
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Soft Services 43
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 2