Joiner / Carpenter
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Joiner / Carpenter
You will be working for an internationally recognised facilities management company that offers electrical, mechanical and HVAC building services to various sectors that includes manufacturing, education, retail, commercial and heritage sites.
The role will be responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance tasks mostly covering Carpentry and Joiner tasks; however, fabric maintenance tasks, business support tasks and other ad hoc tasks will be required.
Some of the properties you work on may be listed so you must be skilled in this kind of work.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week, a driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in the region. You must have your own tools, and be willing to participate on their call out rota.
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (Plumbing, fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
- Monthly utilities meter readings
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Relamping of defective luminaries
- Building fabric repairs
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor carpentry & joinery repairs
- Supporting external landscaping when required
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Proactively reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
What we are looking for:
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Full UK driving licence
- Formal trade qualification in Carpentry (NVQ or C&G)
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson with a plumbing bias
- Experience working on HVAC systems is desirable
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Full time and Permanent role
- £23,000 - £30,000+ with OT
- Company vehicle, fuel card, paid travel time
- Lucrative overtime opportunities
- 21 days holiday (plus 8 statutory)
If you are interested in this position please apply with your updated CV or call Ben on 01745 772218
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 8
- Catering 1
- Construction 55
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 8
- Energy Management 3
- Engineering, Maintenance 108
- Estates, Property 44
- Facilities Management (main) 116
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 69
- Health & Safety 3
- Human Resources 3
- HVAC 33
- Management 29
- M&E 70
- Operations 23
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Security 1
- Soft Services 52
- Sustainability 1
- ICT, Technical 3
- Workplace 3