HEAD OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - UK
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
HEAD OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - UK
GLOBAL PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FIRM
Our client is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day their team of 45,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In the UK 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. The UK currently has over 50 offices which vary in size from small project operations to large corporate headquarters.
The excellence they bring to their work and their workplace has been recognized far and wide. They are one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World and are proud, professional and passionate people.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Real Estate, the Head of Facilities Management is a key leadership position responsible for defining and executing the facilities management strategy for both hard and soft services. You will develop key strategies to ensure effective technical and financial management whilst creating a culture of service excellence. The primary aim of this role is to monitor and manage the delivery, regionally across the UK, of compliant outsourced FM services, acting as the primary point of contact for escalated issues.
The successful candidate will possess a proven track record in the management of a wide range of contracted services. You will be adept in the regular review of service contract performance ensuring value for money in addition to efficient operational delivery. The post holder will have a demonstrable career in the delivery of TFM services through external contracts and consultant frameworks. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the strategic development of a high profile, busy estate across the United Kingdom.
- To actively manage the standards of TFM service delivery across the UK regions.
- To ensure the delivery of a cost-effective, client-focused FM service at day-to-day level and at a strategic level across the entire estate.
- To work in close collaboration with the TFM Service Partners.
- To monitor the financial performance of maintaining and operating the estate working with the Head of Performance.
- To actively identify and implement initiatives that support the improvements to the financial performance of the CRE function.
- Manage and monitor a rolling capital investment programme including the anticipated life cycle requirements of plant and equipment.
- To prepare annual and interim opex and capex financial forecasts.
- To be accountable for the successful operation of the chosen outsourcing strategy and act as lead point of contact on all contract negotiations and as directed by the Head of CRE.
- To be accountable for the monitoring of the legal compliance of all properties across the estate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (preferred):
- BA/BS degree in business or CRE management related field or equivalent experience.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in the facilities management industry and hands-on experience in managing corporate facilities and nationally outsourced service provider frameworks.
- Membership of BIFM, RICS or similar industry professional body.
- Demonstrable Senior Management experience/leadership skills .
- A comprehensive understanding of service delivery through outsourced supply chains.
- Full valid driver’s licence.
- Health and Safety knowledge and experience including a NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
The position can be based in one of several offices but there will be a reasonable amount of national travel involved as the portfolio is spread throughout the UK.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 2
- Catering 1
- Construction 16
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 4
- Engineering, Maintenance 61
- Estates, Property 16
- Events 3
- Facilities Management (main) 76
- Front of House 1
- Hard Services 7
- Health & Safety 21
- HVAC 1
- Management 2
- M&E 9
- Operations 4
- Sales & Marketing 5
- Soft Services 3
- Training 1
- Workplace 1