Commercial Manager Real Estate Management - Property Services
Within the Met’s REM (Real Estate Management) department, we’re expanding our capabilities, and we’re looking for an excellent Commercial Manager to join us. If you bring the right skills and experience, this is an exciting opportunity to support our colleagues and make your mark in a brand new role.
As well as looking after building management, REM is tasked with ensuring compliance across the MOPAC (Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime) Estate. Here, you’ll be on the team that’s responsible for everything from facilities management and utilities to health & safety. You’ll work alongside our Senior Commercial Manager to support both retendering and commercial management.
Day to day, it will be your job to manage the performance, compliance and service delivery of our outsourced supply chain and all contract commercial change. As well as delivering a reliable, standard approach across management and financial processes, you’ll ensure that the quality and availability of the estate and services meet expectations.
There’s never been a better time to join us. We’re about to go to market to find our next generation contracts, and we want you by our side. This promises both a fascinating challenge and great rewards, for the department and for you.
As you’d expect, we’re looking for someone who brings experience within a similar role in the property environment. As well as a working knowledge of contract management, governance and best practice, you’ll hold a degree in Business Management or the equivalent relevant experience.
Your knowledge of management information, contract performance mechanisms and analytics will prove invaluable, as will your understanding of the principles of designing, procuring and working within commercial partnerships. In addition, the strength of your interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills will bring great results for the entire department.
Completed applications must be returned by 18th September 2019.
To apply, please visit our website to download a role-specific information pack, and complete an online application form with supporting CV.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree educated in Business Management or similar or equivalent experience
- Must have experience in the property environment, with a working knowledge of contract management and governance, and best practice
- Must have knowledge of management information, contract performance mechanisms and analytics
- Must have understanding of operational financial management across multiple contracts and budget lines
- Must understand the principles of designing, procuring and working within commercial partnerships with significant outsource suppliers, enforcing a robust performance regime to meet business needs
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, together with IT skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork, collaboration, negotiation and achieving results by influencing others
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Committed to improving the performance and overall resilience of the MOPAC/Met estate
- Prepared to see things through
- Resilient in the face of competing demands
- Able to prioritise
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 8
- Building Design, Planning, Development 2
- Construction 55
- Engineering, Maintenance 124
- Estates, Property 19
- Facilities Management (main) 91
- Hard Services 3
- Health & Safety 5
- HVAC 6
- Management 1
- M&E 2
- Operations 3
- Procurement 2
- Sales & Marketing 3
- Soft Services 3
- ICT, Technical 1
- Workplace 3