Join the Grundon success story: A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager to progress their career in our award-winning business
Are you a qualified Facilities Manager with a proven track record of running builders and contractors, with demonstrable technical knowledge of building services and changes in legislation? Are you decisive and a strong negotiator, with good analytical and problem-solving skills? Do you enjoy the challenge of being responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of buildings across a multi-site business?
Based at our Beenham Estates office (you must live or be willing to relocate to within a 40-mile radius of this location), but with regular travel across our Thames Valley and wider South East operating area (to date, 16 diverse sites also covering the Sand & Gravel arm of the business), your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the overall services provided within the Company’s facilities
- Using best business practices, knowledge and experience to manage and reduce operational costs
- Managing ad-hoc building maintenance by performing repairs or contracting maintenance services as needed
- Tracking building upkeep, and planning and scheduling anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance
- Responding to emergency situations or other urgent issues/repairs
- Ensuring that site facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and safety standards
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
- Carrying out tendering of servicing work (e.g. PAT testing, doors, fire alarms, burglar alarms).
What are we looking for in you?
Ideally you're an experienced and qualified FM:
- Facilities Management qualification or equivalent
- SMSTS or willingness to achieve qualification
- IOSH or equivalent qualification
What are the working hours?
Your core hours are Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm (37.5 hours per week) but flexibility is required to cover the needs of the job and contractors. Early starts, late finishes and weekend working may be necessary if deadlines/emergencies require it.
What are the benefits & perks?
You'll receive a competitive salary, company car (a full UK driving licence is essential) and attractive benefits, including:
- When we do well, we want you to benefit too. So we have a discretionary bonus which is payable annually and dependent on Company performance and profits.
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this. As a member of the scheme, from day one you’ll also receive life assurance cover to the value of two times your annual pensionable salary.
- Option to purchase additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping.
- Discounted gym membership at participating gyms.
APPLY DIRECT BELOW
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 8
- Building Design, Planning, Development 2
- Construction 55
- Engineering, Maintenance 124
- Estates, Property 19
- Facilities Management (main) 91
- Hard Services 3
- Health & Safety 5
- HVAC 6
- Management 1
- M&E 2
- Operations 3
- Procurement 2
- Sales & Marketing 3
- Soft Services 3
- ICT, Technical 1
- Workplace 3