This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Contract Manager - Essex
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Services Contract Manager to join a successful Facilities Services and property organisation in Essex.
- Technical Services Contract Manager
- Location Essex
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 + Car/Car allowance
- Mechanical or Electrical qualified
- Permenant full time position
As a Technical Services Contract Manager, the role will be to manage, oversee and coordinate a small maintenance team delivering mechanical/electrical services across Essex which includes in house engineers and subcontractors.
Working in the Facilities Management division, the Contract Manager will be responsible for leading a small team of technicians providing Mechanical/electrical maintenance service including, but not limited to servicing and inspections of boiler plant, swimming pools and sewerage plant within the education, highways etc...
The overall team vision is to provide a high-quality FM service in partnership with the Schools, Housing and stakeholders alike.Will be able to deliver a broad range of Hard Services expertise with proven ability of delivering Technical FM services within a challenging environment demonstrating the ability to work individually as well as managing and supporting a growing team.
- To assist and manage Hard Services related operations within the Southern PFI Projects whilst ensuring full Compliance with Health and Safety legislation. Such duties will include but not be limited to; M&E, alarm systems, statutory compliance, sub contract management & procurement.
- Ensure the smooth running of Unit in providing the maintenance of pool plant, pumping stations and sewerage plant to our many and varied clients
- To prepare estimates, prices and annual service schedules
- To Manage, support and supervise the team of technicians responsible for undertaking the servicing, installation and major overhaul of specialist equipment
- Build professional relationships with Key external stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction, whilst also meeting the organisations strategic and financial aims.
- To ensure adequate stock levels of plant, equipment and materials are available for the efficient running of the business and re-ordering supplies as necessary
- Motivate and manage staff effectively, monitor staff productivity and performance, taking appropriate action when necessary to ensure departmental targets are achieved
- Maintain and participate in a rota to enable the Out-of-Hours service to be provided across 52 weeks (shift allowance paid)
- Be prepared to act as a mentor to trainees/apprentices in the team and encourage a learning environment
- Ensure all work is delivered safely and is undertaken in accordance with Health and Safety best practice
- Ensure service delivery exceeds all customer expectations and delivers excellence.
- Minimise PFI contract deductions by ensuring that servicing and operational performance of all HVAC services is delivered to the highest standards and that equipment operational capabilities are enhanced through high maintenance standards.
- Ensure all activities are in line with Health and Safety and best practice whilst ensuring Statutory Compliance is achieved at all times.
- Manage recruitment, induction, development of the Technical Self Delivery team to understand the organisations strategic aims and translate them into practice.
- Manage a programme of planned preventative maintenance and service works ensuring true and accurate records are kept in relation to the works undertaken.
- Manage, monitor, review and improve Technical Service delivery provided under the contract either directly or through Sub-contractors.
- Understanding and knowledge of CAFM and BMS Systems in line with the contract specification, output specification and statutory requirements.
- Demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, involve, trust, challenge and deliver excellence.
- Form part of on-call rota with availability 24/7 to attend site as necessary.
- Develop technical and Contractual reporting that will be required for the submission of operational reports.
- Monitor staff performance and behaviour and address any staff performance or behaviour issues as and when they arise and in conjunction with Human Resources.
- To undertake a range of Health and Safety, quality and compliance checks and responsibilities as defined within the contract.
- Extensive knowledge and experience within a challenging environment is essential, preferably within the Public Sector environment.
- Trained in and working knowledge of Building Services, FM and HVAC background or experience
- Electrical or Mechanical qualified
- Over 5 years' experience in Hard Facilities Management or Building Services environment.
- Experienced in CAFM and BMS operations.
- Industry recognised C&G or Technical qualification.
- Membership of a professional body.
- Experience of PFI contracts.
- Strong Hard Services experience in a similar environment.
- Proactive / problem solving.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Able to manage own workload and prioritise where necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good people management skills.
- Experience of Microsoft packages.
- Working knowledge of SFG20
- Understanding and knowledge of SSoWs
- Excellent motivational skills.
- Ability to liaise confidently and professionally at all levels.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Resilience under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative.
- Not afraid to make decisions or implement change when necessary.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Good sense of humour.
- Flexible, confident with a can-do management approach.
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 8
- Building Design, Planning, Development 6
- Catering 2
- Construction 34
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 9
- Engineering, Maintenance 106
- Estates, Property 11
- Facilities Management (main) 72
- Graduate, Apprenticeship & Intern 3
- Hard Services 4
- Health & Safety 24
- Human Resources 1
- HVAC 12
- Management 5
- M&E 17
- Operations 7
- Sales & Marketing 1
- Security 1
- Soft Services 10
- Training 1