Service Delivery Manager
This job has now been filled, check out our latest jobs, on our job search.
Service Delivery Manager
Salary:£40,690 - £52,789 (Salary will depend on location)
Working Pattern:Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Hours:37 hours per week
This is a key contract management role also requiring specialist knowledge, with responsibility for overseeing the delivery of the total facilities management (TFM) contract and works projects across a number of establishments, for defining projects and for technical and statutory assurance.
Note: The custodial TFM contract includes maintenance of buildings, equipment and grounds, Health and Safety and Fire safety maintenance, small-scale works and building projects, management of stores, cleaning of non-prisoner areas, waste, energy and environmental management and escorts for contractors and their vehicles.
The job holder will be responsible for the TFM contract and works projects across a number of establishments within a region, for defining projects and for technical assurance.
This role requires working unpredictable and unsocial hours some times at short notice, and to be on call to provide advice or attend sites at any time.
Reporting to the Regional Estate Manager (REM) and contributing to the delivery of establishment business plans the SDM will maintain contact and influence Governors or their representatives to ensure works and FM services are effective, that any issues are addressed.
This is a specialist role: FM and technical competence within the custodial estate is essential.
This is a non‐operational job.
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Responsible for managing the transition to the delivery of services through the new contract and operating model in respect of a number of designated prisons and other NOMS sites.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the TFM contract across a number of public sector prisons within a region including during unsocial hours where required.
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of additional works projects up to £150K
- Responsible for technical assurance to REM and governors and providing technical advice on delivery of the TFM contract in relation to all aspects of maintenance, repairs, improvements and standards including providing advice and support during unsocial hours.
- Essential to have strong commercial and financial awareness, drive and resilience, effective team working and interpersonal skills and ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Must have relevant technical or trade experience and qualification;
- Must have industry recognised qualification equivalent to the BTEC Advanced Diploma in Maintenance Management covering building technology, contract and measurement procedures, mechanical technology and electrical technology.
- Essential to hold National Examination Board Occupational Safety Health – National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (or be working towards.)
- Essential to have relevant project management, contract management and change management experience including experience of managing transition.
- Must have completed the National Engineering and Construction Contracts Accredited Training (or be working towards)and have or be able to rapidly acquire excellent understanding of the TFM contract, NEC3 provisions and the associated processes.
- Must have experience in managing a diverse estate portfolio preferably with custodial characteristics.
Closing Date:8thMay 2019
Jobs of the Week
- Administration 9
- Building Design, Planning, Development 4
- Construction 56
- Contracts, Projects, Bids 7
- Energy Management 1
- Engineering, Maintenance 111
- Estates, Property 31
- Events 1
- Facilities Management (main) 117
- Hard Services 8
- Health & Safety 15
- HVAC 11
- Management 1
- M&E 2
- Operations 8
- Sales & Marketing 7
- Soft Services 12
- ICT, Technical 6
- Workplace 1